BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Problem with Import from previous.. (Done 5.4.8.0)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Butze2000 Posted - 05 May 2006 : 10:20:04
Hey Alessio,
as always first of all many Thanks for this great piece of software. :)
But i have a little problem when I import my movies from a previous XMM-database (4.8 Build1). In my old database I saved the movie length in this format: hh:mm. When i'm importing movies from this database in a new one, in the movie length field is only crap. :( (like 1,2,86 or 200 etc.). It's a strange problem because i've checked in both databases what data type the movie length is stored in and in both it's the data type "text field". So, would be nice if you could investigate that problem. If you want my old database for testing just send me a short e-Mail and I will send it to you. Thanks!

See you
Butze2000
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Nov 2006 : 12:21:30
Hi,

Yes, I have misunderstanding your request. Btw, in the new 5.x the lenght of a movie moust SHOULD be in minutes, this for correctly sort the value etc... this is why I have convert it to minutes as well.

I can change the way XMM import the old database, maybe with a checkbox to leave the lenght field as it is, without convert to minutes.

Alessio
Butze2000 Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 21:14:05
Hey Alessio,
thank you for the fast converting of my old XMM4.8-database but I think there were a few missunderstandings. In first place, I didn't wanted you to convert my database at all because this isn't my main problem.
I wanted to report a bug in the import function in first place and offered you my database for testing purposes.
And the second missunderstanding was about the format I used to save the movie length in. I used in my old database the movie length in the format hh:mm (as I mentioned before in my first posting in this thread). But you converted the movie length only in minutes. So, I sorry to say that but your work was for nothing!
Please take a look at the bug in the import function!!

Butze2000
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Nov 2006 : 21:06:39
Hi,

Please sorry for my late reply!

Please ZIP your database and send it to me, I will try to convert it for you.

Alessio
Butze2000 Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 11:38:35
Hey Alessio,
a few days ago I gave the XMM5.x-Release a new chance to replace the solid and stable XMM4.8-Release.
But I have to assert that the bug I mentioned a few month ago is still present (details are explained in my first post in this thread).
This is very annoying and under this circumstances I'm not able to switch to the XMM5.x-Release. So, please take a look at this problem. Thanks!

Butze2000

PS: I'm still offering you (as I did last time) to send you my XMM4.8-database for testing.
Butze2000 Posted - 07 May 2006 : 17:31:25
Hi,
I sent you my old XMM 4.8B1 database a few minutes ago. Thanks for testing!

PS: In the meantime I solved the problem with a self-made access query but it would be nice if you anyway take a look at the problem.
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 May 2006 : 12:17:07
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply!

Please ZIP your database and send it to me, I will try to import it for you.

Thank you,

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 2.48 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07