BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Actors Bug in Imdb script

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MTS Posted - 20 Nov 2006 : 02:34:09
There seems to be a bug in imdb (complete) script in importing actors.

I have several movies where not all the actors are being imported. Sometimes only actors from the main page imported, but sometimes less or more of them, but not all.
The weird thing is that in many of the movies, if i re import, then it download all of them the second time.

So i made some tests, and i came up with couple of movies that have always problem. Maybe this will help to find the bug.

" Castle Keep " imports only actors from the main page

" 27 Missing Kisses " only actors from main page + 1 with "blank" role name assigning role name "producer"

" Alithini zoi " ... you have to have a good look to understand

" A Canterbury Tale " takes first 15 actors only (less than in main page)

Well there are more, but just confirmed some to tell, hope that helps!

Thanx!

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cool4cools Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 19:32:49
okeej thx i'll will reply with my list build an php export :)
MTS Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 19:07:40
@cool4cools
The problem is that it imports actors but not all of them, so if i export in csv there wont be any empty fields for actors. There are actors in every movie, but i dont know for which movies, not all of them are imported. I have to check manually comparing each movie in db with imdb...

I really dont care if instead of 80 actors the script imports 60 or 70, but as i mentioned above, for some movies its really important instead of 70 to import only 20. I hope that there will be a solution in the future.
As for the list i can send you an excel file i have if you want

Thanx
cool4cools Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 14:54:16
simpel export csv file excel all field select and open it in excel and sort it on actors then all empty ones comes to the top

personal can i have your export list then i can check what i dont have lol cool4cools@gmail.com
MTS Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 13:35:06
@cool4cools
Yes, i would do it manually my friend, but when i have almost 3000 movies in database, can you suggest a good way to compare every movie imported with imdb and see which of the movies have not imported all actors, and then do it manually lets say in 500 of them?

@Alessio
If thats the case, and theres nothing you can do about it, its fine with me as far as you know the problem.
Just please check these movies, to see if thats the case, cause its really weird to,
import only 20 actors from "Be Cool (2005)"
17 actors from "Blood Feud (1983)(TV)"
24 out of 73 actors in "Bob Roberts (1992)"
while the script imports 99 actors (script limit) from many other movies.
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 08:41:52
Hi Guys,

I explain the problem. IMDB put the whole cast in ONE line of the HTML code.

The function to retrieve information use integers numbers, so 32768 (if I remember correctly) characters. If in the cast there are a lot of actors and this number is more than 32768, XMM cannot import all of then but only what falls under this number.

I am sorry,

Alessio
cool4cools Posted - 10 Dec 2006 : 04:30:08
is this error on 1 of 100 because you can do them mannaully then nothing is perfect whahaha
if it is every movie i understand you but if it is just 1 or 2 movies do it mannaully had the same problem with few movies also
MTS Posted - 09 Dec 2006 : 21:58:38
Yet another one

"Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)"

this one imports actor until the line "rest of cast listed alphabetically:" in cast.
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Dec 2006 : 09:31:59
Sorry MTS, I haven't work at this problem.

I will try to fix it today.

Thank you!

Alessio
MTS Posted - 06 Dec 2006 : 01:00:01
Alessio,
should i try more movies and post the ones with the problem here, or you have located the bug and will fix it in the near future?
Alessio Viti Posted - 30 Nov 2006 : 21:01:09
Thank you MTS!

This help me a lot!

Alessio
MTS Posted - 30 Nov 2006 : 19:59:23
Hi Alessio,

I tracked down some movies that have problem with importing all actors and will list them here in case this helps to find a solution. all movies are "1 direct link" with the imdb script

"The White Dawn"
"A Canterbury Tale"
"Castle Keep"
"The Spy Who Came in From the Cold"
"Return of the Pink Panther"
"The Pink Panther Strikes Again"
"Son of Flubber" (import 52 from 58 actors)
Alessio Viti Posted - 28 Nov 2006 : 10:59:23
Hi MTS,

About the problem of tagline, this happens because, in the list of words to delete, there is "th-".

Please download the latest IMDB script, I have delete this value and now should be OK.

Alessio
MTS Posted - 28 Nov 2006 : 04:53:38
Just to let you know that also for the movie Castle Keep (1969) problem still exist since the script takes 19 of 25 actors. [Now MORE than in main page but not ALL of them]

Also a problem in tagline for the same movie: imdb writes: "A 10th-Century castle...a 20th-Century war..." and XMM imports "A 10Century castle...a 20Century war..."
Not that important, but just to let you know.

Anyway just please let me know when you are done with this to start importing!
I have all these movies in XMM for a long time, and cant wait to import to fully enjoy this great program!

Thanx!
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Nov 2006 : 16:21:16
Hi MTS,

One problem remain, the onw with movie "A Canterbury Tale ".

I need to work deeply on engine to fix this, so will be ready in future releases but not in 5.5.7.0

Sorry.

Alessio
MTS Posted - 27 Nov 2006 : 14:21:57
WoW! that was fast!
Thanx a lot Alessio, and no need to say sorry,
i know you are busy i just post to have this in mind anyway

Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Nov 2006 : 14:00:19
Fixed!

I will upload it together with the new 5.5.7.0

Bye!

Alessio
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Nov 2006 : 09:53:46
Sorry MTS, I was busy on new engine. I will really try to take a look today.

Thank you,

Alessio
MTS Posted - 27 Nov 2006 : 01:50:23
Hi Alessio, its been a week so i was wondering if you check this bug, cause still imdb has problems, and waiting for a final good script to import.

Thanx
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 Nov 2006 : 09:28:07
Thank you MTS!

I will take a look.

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07