BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 XMM crashing all the time in vista X64

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
funkytaz10 Posted - 11 Mar 2009 : 13:28:03
hi,

seems the program is not very stable in Vista 64
crashes on me all the time when importing info from imdb

here is one of the errorcodes

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: extreme movie manager.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.7.8.0
Problem Signature 03: 49b653fc
Problem Signature 04: eXtreme Movie Manager
Problem Signature 05: 6.7.8.0
Problem Signature 06: 49b653fc
Problem Signature 07: 514
Problem Signature 08: 193
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 18441

i tried running as admin and as normal but crashes on me intermittently

sometimes i am ok for an hour sometimes it crashed on searching the link
sometimes it just stalls on me for hours till i stop the process

any idea what i can do ?

Greetings
Taz
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MikeH. Posted - 05 May 2011 : 02:08:13
quote:
Originally posted by KCWhiteKnight

Nvidia Video Card

I have a Nvidia 460 card and I've always had problems with the Windows Update Version of the drivers. I would strongly suggest just downloading and install new drivers from their site. Part of the problem we experience is the Windows Update is not the complete package including some of the software updates like PHYSX or 3D graphics for example. So you end up with a slightly out of sync driver package.

I never download drivers from MS, for exactly the reasons you stated above. It's always best to get your hardware drivers directly from the hardware manufacturer.
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 04 May 2011 : 01:34:56
Nvidia Video Card

I have a Nvidia 460 card and I've always had problems with the Windows Update Version of the drivers. I would strongly suggest just downloading and install new drivers from their site. Part of the problem we experience is the Windows Update is not the complete package including some of the software updates like PHYSX or 3D graphics for example. So you end up with a slightly out of sync driver package.
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 04 May 2011 : 01:28:07
Vista 64 and Windows 7 64

I had the some of the same problems. While I can't give the technical answer, I can give a suggestion to try which seems to work and I haven't had a problem for a couple of weeks.

I found the best route to go is to do a new full install. I know it takes a while longer to download but you have control over the install function. When you download the upgrade you don't have the opportunity to do the next step.

After you're done downloading, right mouse click on the file name and select run as administrator. For some reason this seems to do a cleaner install and adjusts the registry items and forces an overlay of the new files.

Then you can update a few movies and see if it does the trick for you.

I can't explain the technical issue that goes on here but I have noticed this seems to work not only for this program but some others that offer regular updates.
Sciolto Posted - 18 Dec 2009 : 10:35:52
I did have the latest version, and yes i also belief that the crashes are false alarms. Because it was still annoying I tried something else to solve it : I copied a complete backup of all folders and files I kept from the Vista installation on top of the new installation under Windows 7. After that I authenticated again and now the crashes are gone.

This indicates the problem is caused by Windows 7 installing XMM slightly different compared to Vista.
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 Dec 2009 : 07:34:40
Hi Guys,

It's strange, do you have the latest release installed?

The "Crash" message is not true of course, XMM just close and windows 7 sometime *think* that the application is crashing.

About importing from internet, do you have problems?

Ale
Sciolto Posted - 17 Dec 2009 : 10:35:16
What's the stautus on this bug ? It annoys the hell out of me. Switched from Vista 64 bits to Windows 7 64 bits and now XMM Deluxe crashes on me every time I close the application.
Midnight Tboy Posted - 31 Aug 2009 : 12:59:17
hmmmm actually, I've just tried it today, and now its not crashing on closing.

Now the only things that have really changed (short of installing a few nonrelated apps), that I can can think of, is I have an nvidia graphics card....at first I was using Windows 7's own drivers, but since last tried XMM manually installed the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.

(now what else have I installed since........imgburn...utorrent...shark007 codec pack with x64 updates....I suppose theres a slight chance the codec pack may be related too)
Midnight Tboy Posted - 31 Aug 2009 : 12:56:41
I've also the same problem with 64bit Windows 7 after doing a fresh install this weekend with full format.

I installed fine and it appears to run with no problem, but whenever I close XMM I get the crash message on closing each and every time.

However, I do not get a problem downloading the scripts....but then when I installed it fresh saturday, there was only 4 scripts to download.
reggi Posted - 30 Aug 2009 : 15:40:20
Hi, I got the same problem in windows 7 x64

what do you mean with deleting the register key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eXtremeMovieManager?
Do I need to delete only 1 key or just the folder in de register?

thanks
Brainy Posted - 22 Mar 2009 : 17:21:59
Just to let you know: I have been running XMM with Vista x64 for more then a year and have never had the problem you are describing.
Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Mar 2009 : 08:41:37
Hi Guys,

I will make some tests on Windows 7 soon. The strange thing is that XMM worked correctly for some time and then stop.

Please try to delete the configuration, by deleting this key in windows register:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eXtremeMovieManager

Please let me know,

Alessio
dbo98@comcast.net Posted - 14 Mar 2009 : 16:25:02
I'm having the same problem with beta Windows 7 64bit. XMM keeps crashing when I try and download scrips... the first time I installed XMM I dowloaded like a 100 scripts... then like 25 scripts... now I can't even download 5 scripts at a time without it crashing? keeps giving me the message..

eXtreme Movie Manager has Stopped Working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I've set the program to run comaptible with Windows XP and to run as Administrator... but that didn't seem to make difference?

I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2009 and have set firewall settings to allow XMM to connect to the internet?

Is there a fix for this? Or does XMM not work with Vista and Windows 7 64bit. Has anyone else had any luck getting XMM to work with 64bit OS?

Please Help... thanks!

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07