BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Auto Save info changes in Quick Editor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
7bpm Posted - 14 May 2009 : 14:27:27
Hi Alessio,

First of all my congratulations for the new version. It looks really good but of course it has a few bugs.

One that I noticed is that although in the Option the "Automatically Save information written in the Quick Editor (Main Window)" is selected, version 7 is not actually doing it. You can go to Quick Edit, make your changes but it will not save them. You need to press the save button to achieve this. I would like to see this fixed as I'm doing a lot of changes for my movies and if you forget to press the save button everything is lost.

Also I have the program installed on a Quad core machine and the data are saved on RAID 0 container, but it looks like the version 7 is very slow compared to v6. Some times just to change between movies on the Main Grid it can take 5-10 seconds. Version 6 was pretty fast 1-2 seconds top. I have about 1600 entries in my db but that shouldn't be the problem.

Is there anything you can do about this?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 May 2009 : 08:07:38
Thank to you for reporting the issue!

I will try always to make the best, I need your help for that.

Alessio
7bpm Posted - 20 May 2009 : 00:02:37
Hey,

Thanks for the reply, the tip about hiding the HTML View and for correcting the autosave function.
Alessio Viti Posted - 19 May 2009 : 08:31:54
Hi Sneaker,

Yes, it's the symptom and at this time the only solution is to "HIDE" the Actor's Picture in HTML Card (There is a little icon, in the HTML Toolbar, near the printer icon).

The 6.x is faster because in the moviecard there aren't any actor's picture, in the 7.x you can enable/disable this feature.

Try also another thing: if you like the HTML Card, please close the panel of QuickEdit, should improve the performace a little bit.

Everytime you select a movie, XMM fill all openend Panels (covers, backcovers, quickedit, html. So, if there are some things you do not use id better if you close it.

Alessio

Sneaker Posted - 18 May 2009 : 20:14:47
Hi Alessio,

when the HTML Card is closed EMM is much faster. But that's only a symptom and not the solution.
With HTML Card not closed surfing in the grid is intolerable slow.

Thanks for autosave... I really need this!

Sneaker
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 May 2009 : 16:05:52
Hi,

The autosave function will be on 7.0.2.4

Alessio
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 May 2009 : 16:05:30
Hi,

It's really strange that XMM is so slow.

Please try to hide completely the HTML Card (By pressing the "X" Button on his Panel), leave only the quickedit view and let me know.

About autosave, I am tring to restore it.

Thank you!

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07