BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 7.0.26 Not Remembering Layout or Columns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cxp36 Posted - 23 May 2009 : 02:37:12
I've had these problems ever since upgrading from v6 to v7. XMM will not remember my chosen layout - each time I start the program I have to manually choose the layout I use.

It's also not remembering which columns I want displayed. I use the Column Chooser to set it up the way I want, then when I come back into the program (or run an update) all the columns re-appear and I have to do it all over again.

I love the program, but doing these things over and over is a bit frustrating. Is there a workaround for these things, or something I'm overlooking?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 25 May 2009 : 17:31:40
Hi,

I am near to fix the problem... just few more tests and XMM should reload it correctly.

Alessio
cxp36 Posted - 24 May 2009 : 01:03:58
Hi Alessio -

I did as you asked and copied the directory to my desktop and launched the program. The same thing happened - XMM did not remember column selection or layout.
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 May 2009 : 19:16:57
Hi Christopher,

Ca you make an experimento for me? Copy the whole folder of extreme movie manager "c:\Program files\Extreme Movie Manager" to your desktop (you can make a copy, just for test).

Now launch the new exe in the desktop and let me know if XMM remember the columns here.

Alessio
cxp36 Posted - 23 May 2009 : 17:49:49
Alessio -

I'm running XP SP3. The program is installed in the default locations - c:\Program files\Extreme Movie Manager; the database files are written to "My Documents\extreme Movie Manager 7". I also have "My Documents\extreme Movie Manger", which is left over from version 6.

The layout not being saved is easy enough to fix by loading the desired layout each time I run the program, but the columns not being saved is more problematic since there are so many that have to be sorted, and I only I use a few of them. Getting rid of the ones I don't use takes quite awhile, and I've had to do that a lot.
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 May 2009 : 15:18:53
Hi 81RED

I send you a new EXE, please try it for me if works.

Thakn you,

Alessio
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 May 2009 : 15:02:19
Thank you for these info!

I will try to figure out why XMM do not load it at startup.

Alessio
81RED Posted - 23 May 2009 : 12:36:33
OK, a bit more info:
The XML files in the \layout folder gets written alright, and the content is also as it should be. I have a working setup in a \layout\work\ folder, if I copy all those files to the root of the \layout folder, XMM still does not display things correctly upon startup, but only when I manually load the same files via the load layout button.

To me this indicates that XMM is somehow parsing the XML files wrongly on startup, but correctly when done the manual way. But then again, you are the only one who can say for sure
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 May 2009 : 11:17:14
XMM should save the XML files of configuration that are under the folder:

C:\Users\myusername\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\layouts\

To see this, just lauch XMM, then delete all these XML files to see if XMM re-create it when exit.

Alessio
81RED Posted - 23 May 2009 : 10:47:10
Hi Alessio.

I am indeed running Vista 32-bit (SP2), but I don't think thats the issue as I:

Have UAC switched off.
Am an Administrator.
Have installed XMM in C:\Users\myusername\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 7

Could you tell me which files it is that gets updated? then I can try to track down what happens.
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 May 2009 : 10:30:59
Hi Guys,

Please write me what OS do you have and where you have install XMM.

If you have vista and you have install it under the "program" folder, I think that XMM cannot save the files because vista do not allow it.

Please let me know,

Alessio
81RED Posted - 23 May 2009 : 09:26:46
Hi Christopher.

Having the exact same problem as you describe: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5189

Alessio is aware of the problem. In the meantime you can select the "view" tab, save your layout and use load layout whenever you start the program. It's not ideal, but it works

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07