BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Again @ April! -> File Monitor Bug like Jan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
arioli Posted - 11 Jan 2010 : 00:27:19
New version installed: 7.0.6.8 --- same bug I reported in January for 7.0.6.1 ...

Just reuse the same text... After upgrading to the new version, the file monitor start but after searching the hard disk, it start to slow down and continue only very slowly. The directory names at the bottom of the searching windows (i.e. below the STOP SCANNING BUTTON) which should signal the progress are changing but tremendously slowly (1 new dir every few min).

Before the full search of new file was taking only kind of 1/2 mins now I stopped after 5 mins without arriving to results. :-( Unusuable.

This was working very fine in the previous version !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlo
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 11 Apr 2010 : 14:43:28
I never use the file monitor...I download all my movies and unpack them to a directory named 1080.
Every couple of days I add new movies and simply scan that folder,click the import and then click update from the web. Sounds similar to your work flow except I don't have problems :-)
Having stuff run constantly in the background doesn't make sense to me...
arioli Posted - 11 Jan 2010 : 20:46:25
Looks fine to me with new changes in 7.0.6.2
arioli Posted - 11 Jan 2010 : 14:45:29
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi Guys,

I will take a look to procedures of File Monitor. I
Alessio

Thanks - cause for me now EEM is not usuable. In my workflow, I load new movies in my directories then I send the scanning and after I start importing content from web.

Like this I stopped building the db and putting all new items in a temporary folder waiting for fixing.
Alessio Viti Posted - 11 Jan 2010 : 09:10:35
Hi Guys,

I will take a look to procedures of File Monitor. It's really strange because I have change only minor things in the new release.

Alessio
JaeMac Posted - 11 Jan 2010 : 04:31:14
I also Have exactly the same problem! Hopefully its not a major??!!
arioli Posted - 11 Jan 2010 : 00:29:52
Even after stopping the scan - the EMM process uses 50% of CPU and I have to kill it. If I reopen EMM but don't start File Monitor this does not happen. Terrible.

Can I do a roll back to the previous version ? How ?

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.24 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07