BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 #TAKEACTORCOUNTRY# , #TAKEACTORWEB#

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Prinz Posted - 23 Feb 2010 : 21:48:25
I use #TAKEACTORCOUNTRY# to save COUNTRY of an actor but instead it's being saved in the COUNTRY Field of the Movie.

And the function #TAKEACTORWEB# doesn't save the Link at all for the actor.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Prinz Posted - 09 May 2010 : 16:53:33
Almost ok.

These two functions still don't work in a actors script:

#TAKEACTORAWARDS# (not that big of a problem, because #TAKEAWARDS# works in a actors script)

#TAKEACTORWEBID#
Alessio Viti Posted - 09 May 2010 : 07:41:56
Ops... should be online now.

Bye!

Ale
Prinz Posted - 08 May 2010 : 16:39:15
Thx Alessio.

I would like to try it, but with the Update function i only get a 404 Error when i try to update XMM.
Alessio Viti Posted - 08 May 2010 : 06:14:47
Hi Prinz,

I have found the problem now.

There was a variable to prevent infinite loops inside every block, the engine now execute max 90.000 instructions inside every block.

I will raise it to 4.000.000, should be enough.

Thank you!

Ale
Prinz Posted - 06 May 2010 : 19:47:50
Only one small thing.

If possible it would be great if the Actor Database Fields UserDef01 and UserDef02 could be changed to Typ Memo. And also Actor Card Variables for the Fields would be great.
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 May 2010 : 22:31:23
Hi Prinz,

Really strange, for sure there is a bug (as you wrote probably an integer variable). I will check and let you know.

Thank you!

Ale
Prinz Posted - 05 May 2010 : 13:17:37
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

OK, I have found the bug (I hope).

Not completely. The functions now work in a normal script, but still don't work in a Actors script.
Prinz Posted - 05 May 2010 : 12:37:24
quote:
You can make also infinite loop, XMM will do it, but XMM for now can load into memory only an html webpage of 40.000 lines.

infinite loop... i don't think so. that contradicts my tests.

Test:

Empty Database, Example Movie: Angels & Demons (2009) (this movie has 150 actors listed),

Script: IMBD.com(Complete):
[Actors Complete Download] 1 (activated)
[Number of Actors to import] 999 (ALL)

Problem:

Not all Actors are imported, with one import.

1. Test:

- Start import with IMDB.com(Complete)
- Only the first 39 Actors are imported (the last is only added to the Move not the Actorsdatabase)

- Reimport the movie with IMDB.com(Complete)
- the next 102 Actors are imported (the last is only added to the Move not the Actorsdatabase)

- the last 9 Actors are imported

2. Test

- Again use empty Database, same movie, same setting.
- Now we remove an empty line in the imdb.com(Complete) script inside the actors filmography block loop
- I removed the Line 1195 (this is empty and shouldn't change anything if there is no limit in how many lines are executed inside a block/loop) = This line is inside the actors filmography loop and will therefor executed a few 1000 times.

Begin Test:
- Only the first 41 Actors are imported (the last is only added to the Move not the Actorsdatabase) (2 more then in the first test)

- the next 104 Actors are imported (the last is only added to the Move not the Actorsdatabase)(2 more then in the first test)

- the last 5 Actors are imported

3. Test

- Again use empty Database, same movie, same setting.
- Now we remove an additional empty line in the imdb.com(Complete) script inside the actors filmography block loop
- I removed the Line 1195 and 1201 (this lines are empty and shouldn't change anything if there is no limit in how many lines are executed inside a block/loop) = This line is inside the actors filmography loop and will therefor executed a few 1000 times.

Begin Test:
- Only the first 43 Actors are imported (the last is only added to the Move not the Actorsdatabase) (2 more then in the 2. Test)

- the next 106 Actors are imported (the last is only added to the Move not the Actorsdatabase)(2 more then in the 2. Test)

- the last Actor is imported

Conclusion:

In these Tests i only removed empty lines inside the script, which shouldn't change anything but the do. Everytime i removed an empty line more actors were imported and only thing that changed is the a few 100 (empty) lines less (because of the loops) had to executed. The only logical conclusion is there is some kind of limit - intention or not.

Maybe there is a line counter with the datatyp short int, this would result in a limit of 65.535 Lines, which could be right when i calculate roughly the number of lines before the script stops the import.
If so simply changing this counter to long int (4.294.967.295) should solve the problem.
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 May 2010 : 07:13:38
OK, I have found the bug (I hope).

About the "line" managed by XMM: With 40.000 I mean the HTML Lines of a webpage, not the "iterations" that magicscript can do.

You can make also infinite loop, XMM will do it, but XMM for now can load into memory only an html webpage of 40.000 lines.

quote:
So lets say 150 actor, each with let's say an average of 50 movies in his filmography. Now we need at the moment in the IMDB.com script 33 Lines to import 1 movie for actor.

Now lets multiply:

150 (actors) x 50 (movies) x 33 (script lines per movie) = 247.500 Lines

Everytime that XMM import an actor, it load up his HTML webpage, so the limit is also in this case 40.000 rows.

I hope you understand my bad english.

Please let me know about a movie that do not import correctly every info, I will take a look better, maybe the "bug" is in another piece of code.

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 May 2010 : 06:59:38
Oopss...

Sorry guys, I will try to fix it asap...

Ale
Prinz Posted - 04 May 2010 : 07:43:06
Something is very wrong with the new functions and the fixes.

#TAKEACTORCOUNTRY# now only works in a normal script and in an actor script it doesn't work anymore (breaks the imdb.com(Actors) script)

These functions don't work at all:
->#TAKEACTORAWARDS#
->#TAKEACTORWEBID#
->#TAKEACTORWEBPAGE#
->#TAKEACTORCOMMENTS#
->#TAKEACTORCUSTOM1#
->#TAKEACTORCUSTOM2#

The function #ADDACTOR# doesn't take the WEBID anymore , which breaks the imbd.com scripts.

Warning to all:

Don't use the new xmm version to add any actor to the database!

For expample with: IMDB.com(complete) or imdb.com(fastest) script the actors wont be correctly linked to the Movie because of the missing WebID!

Or you have to delete all new actors later (fixed xmm version) and reimport all again.
Prinz Posted - 04 May 2010 : 06:38:12
quote:
I have duplicate the rows managed by XMM (from 20.000 to 40.000), please let me know if this fix the problem.

I can already say it will help, but it wont be enough for all movies.

Just a little arithmetic will show you why:

If i only count the lines the executed for the filmography of the actors of an movie:

There a movie with more then a 100 actors. Example: Angels and Daemons has almost 150 actors listed.

So lets say 150 actor, each with let's say an average of 50 movies in his filmography. Now we need at the moment in the IMDB.com script 33 Lines to import 1 movie for actor.

Now lets multiply:

150 (actors) x 50 (movies) x 33 (script lines per movie) = 247.500 Lines

So alone for the filmography of all actor are already 247.500 Lines executed. Add the rest of the data. In the future with things like actor awards.

Alone for the fixed country function the script will have to execute about 11.400 Additional Lines in this example to import the country information for all actors:

150 (actors) x 76 Lines (needed to import country and birthplace) = 11.400 Lines

You see the number increases exponentially with each additional line inside the actors Block.

quote:
About the actors functions, I will try to add it, maybe some in this next release and other in future.

Thanks.
Alessio Viti Posted - 04 May 2010 : 05:22:54
quote:
I use #TAKEACTORCOUNTRY# to save COUNTRY of an actor but instead it's being saved in the COUNTRY Field of the Movie.

You are right, there is a bug with this function if you use it inside the "Movie" script (for example with IMDB Complete). It works correctly only if you use it in the Actor Script.

I will try to fix this asap.

Thank you!

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 04 May 2010 : 05:18:10
Hi Prinz!

I have duplicate the rows managed by XMM (from 20.000 to 40.000), please let me know if this fix the problem.

About the actors functions, I will try to add it, maybe some in this next release and other in future.

Thank you as always!

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 24 Apr 2010 : 11:45:32
Hi Prinz

I will try to take a look at this problem asap.

Thank you!

Ale
Prinz Posted - 24 Apr 2010 : 00:10:13
Just to make the Report complete:

There seems to be a restriction in how many lines are executed in a block maybe to prevent endless loops. The Problem with this is that because of the many loops inside a #ACTORS# ... #ENDACTORS# these restrictions are much to low. You have to execute a script depending on the amount of actors and there data a few times, in extreme cases more then 10 times.

I would suggest to change this restriction at lest for the #ACTORS# ... #ENDACTORS# Block, preferably also for the #ACTORDATA# ... #ENDACTORDATA# Block as well.

If Alessio would fix and add the functions mentioned in this thread, the problem would multiply with even more loops in these Blocks.
Prinz Posted - 11 Apr 2010 : 17:08:31
Are there any plans to fix/change this?

I just need to know, if i have to change (remove the non-working/wrong-working functions) a already completed script accordingly.
Prinz Posted - 27 Mar 2010 : 00:50:47
quote:
Originally posted by Prinz

Inside the #ACTORS# --> ENDACTORS# Block the functions #TAKECOMMENTS#, #TAKEAWARDS# and #TAKECUSTOM1#...#TAKECUSTOM2# also don't work. It will be imported to the movie not the actor.

Maybe new functions would be best:

- #TAKEACTORCOMMENTS#
- #TAKEACTORAWARDS#
- #TAKEACTORCUSTOM1#
- #TAKEACTORCUSTOM2#
- #TAKEACTORWEBID#

And the correction of the functions in a non-actor script:
- #TAKEACTORCOUNTRY#
- #TAKEACTORWEB#

And it would be nice that data imported from a non-actor-script would overwrite the existing data for an actor. (At the moment the data will not be saved to an existing actor)

New function to add a image as first would also be great:

#TAKEFIRSTPICTUREINMOVIES#
#TAKEFIRSTPICTURE#
Prinz Posted - 24 Feb 2010 : 16:08:59
Inside the #ACTORS# --> ENDACTORS# Block the functions #TAKECOMMENTS#, #TAKEAWARDS# and #TAKECUSTOM1#...#TAKECUSTOM2# also don't work. It will be imported to the movie not the actor.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07