BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Actors with same Name = wrong link on Movie-Card

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Prinz Posted - 14 Apr 2010 : 13:54:04
If 2 (or more) Actors have the same Name XMM distinguishes them by there WebID...

This works on the Movie-Card only with the Picture, but the Link (Actor-Name) will go always to only one of the Actors. Which is false.

And in the Actors Database Section it will show for both(or more) Actors the same Actors-Card. You can see only for one the correct Actors-Card. And it lists all Movies from both (or more) Actors on that one Card.

Example:

Peyton List

TV Show: Flashforward = Peyton List (WEBID: 0514228)
Movie: 27 Dresses = Peyton List (WEBID: 2572554)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Prinz Posted - 06 Aug 2010 : 16:06:17
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti
I will try the suggestion of Prinz: try to see if there are multiple Actors and in that case use Webid, otherwise show everything.

Maybe then it would be good to add a Variable _ACTOR_MATCHTYPE_ (Content the 2 Words: Name or WebID) to the Actors-Card, so the User knows which Type was used.
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Aug 2010 : 05:54:20
Hi Guys,

Yes, the problem is exactly how you describe it. If you use always IMDB everything works correctly, but XMM is born to have multiple sources so the use of Webid in that case is not the right choice.

I will try the suggestion of Prinz: try to see if there are multiple Actors and in that case use Webid, otherwise show everything.

Or maybe I can add an option to use or not the webid

Ale
Prinz Posted - 05 Aug 2010 : 12:46:35
One Problem is that the function #TAKEACTORWEBID# still doesn't work. No Actor Script can add a missing WebID.

The Bug itself is (allmost) fixed. Of Course if there are more then one Actor with the same Name the movies aren't listed that don't have a WebID on the Starring Tab. For non-IMDB.com Script the WebID have to be added manually to the Starring Tab, there is no way around that because it is impossible for the program to know which actor is the correct one.

One Thing that could be changed is: If there is only one Actor with that Name that all Movies/TV-Shows should be listed with that Actor Name, only if there is more than one Actor with that Name should the WebID be used. Of Course that means that it is possible that for some actors are wrong Movies/TV-Shows are being display if no WebID is used for matching.

I really don't know which is better: Missing Movies/TV-Shows in the List or maybe wrong Movies/TV-Shows in the List...
pepa1d Posted - 05 Aug 2010 : 12:14:15
Hi Alessio,

I thing there is bigger bud with that WEBID. We talk about that here http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5506 (mine last post in that topic)

The WEBID is good, but it work only if you use only "IMDB script". If you use another script the WEBID of actors are different or not at all. And than it doesn't show correct movies in collection on actors HTML card.

It need something to avoid WEBID, but I have no idea how to do that.. Because now I have about 5000 actors in my database and almost all have WEBID taken with "CSFD script" because informations about actors are in my native language.

Thanks for reply
Alessio Viti Posted - 04 Aug 2010 : 09:06:26
Hi Prinz,

I have modify it, I hope it works correctly now.

Will be on next release.

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07