BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Add an Original DVD not looking up information

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Trixter Posted - 21 Sep 2010 : 04:28:40
I'm not sure I understand how Add an Original DVD is supposed to work. I have about 200 purchased DVDs in my collection and was hoping to catalog them all with XMM but the import doesn't seem to be working. I'm referring to the Main->Add Movies->Add an Original DVD by reading Disk information... menu.

When I use it, I do what it says: Type in the movie title and then hit the "read dvd" button. "try to read the title directly from the dvd" is checked. When it's finished, I do NOT have the proper title, subtitles, languages, etc. like the menu option suggests, but rather all it does is create an entry where the title is the DVD volume label. So instead of "Die Hard 2" it says "DIEHARD2_DTS"; instead of "Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1" it says "PIX0NNF1". And none of the movie details are filled in, it's like a blank entry except for the volume label in the title field.

Am I misunderstanding how to use that feature? I thought it was supposed to read the details from the DVD and then look up the information to populate the cover, data, etc. Am I doing something wrong?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Sep 2010 : 05:51:03
Hello Trixter,

You are right, the title is simply taken from the DVD Label, so I suggest you to uncheck the option to read title automatically.

If you edit the Matrix you should see that XMM has read the information about the DVD, I mean the codec, resultion, language, subtitles etc...

Of course in the DVD there are not other info (like actors etc..)

Ale
Trixter Posted - 27 Sep 2010 : 00:07:17
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Yes, please, send it if you can...

Okay, you can get a video here:

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/example_XMM_DVDload.mp4

It shows how importing a DVD simply replaces the title with the volume label, and how it doesn't look anything up, and even after looking something up the title is still wrong.
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 21:34:55
Yes, please, send it if you can...

Thank you,

Ale
Trixter Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 03:51:16
Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot? A video screencapture of what is happening, perhaps?
Alessio Viti Posted - 21 Sep 2010 : 06:43:04
Hello Trixter,

The function should work as you describe, I will take a look for bugs.

Thank you!

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07