BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Windows Media Center Issue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jesusjordan Posted - 02 Feb 2011 : 07:13:39
Hello everyone. I just finished adding all my movies, almost six hundred movies to my eXtreme Movie Manager collection. I want to use the Media Browser plugin to browse my movies using Windows Media Center. I went ahead and downloaded the latest version of Media Browser and used the "Re-initialize Media Center" command to create the folder structure and all for Media Browser. My problem is that when I open Media Browser in Windows Media Center, some of the movies do not display their information. I noticed some movies show parenthesis and the Movie ID at the end of the movie name. Those that show the parenthesis and Movie ID at the end do not display the movie information when I select them. The ones that don't display the parenthesis and Movie ID display the information. I went into the Media Center directory "[database]_mediacenterdir" and I noticed that all the folder names included the Movie ID in parenthesis at the end of the movie name. I experimented and erased the parenthesis and Movie ID of one movies that was not displaying the information before and sure enough it began to display the information. The problem seems to be the Movie IDs added at the end of the folder name. I have just under six hundred movies so it is not practical to rename one by one. Is there any way to create the folder structure without the Movie ID or can I rename the folders to exclude the Movie ID at the end? For some reason Media Browser displays some movies correctly, but others not. If I just erase all the Movie IDs from the folder names, I'm sure that will solve my problem. Thanks for your help.

By the way I am latest version of each program:
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.1.0.8
Media Browser 2.3.0

I am also running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (I don't think it's a 64 bit problem lol)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jesusjordan Posted - 13 Feb 2011 : 10:03:25
I figured it out. It turns out that the XML file "mymovies.xml" XMM creates is causing a problem. I opened it up to see what could be causing a problem and it turns out there is an incomplete <Title> tag at the beginning. The end tag </Title> is all the way at the bottom of the file. I added the movie title and moved the end tag to the top and those I had trouble with began to work. So if you can fix that, it would be great.

Should be like this:
<Title>Movie Title Here</Title>
But for some reason the title is not put in and the end tag winds up at the bottom of everything in the file.

For anyone else having trouble with this, what you need to know is that MovieBrowser uses themoviedb.org to download images and metadata and you need to make sure that the title of the folder is the same as the title on of the movie on themoviedb.org and that the title on in the XML files is also the same.
Alessio Viti Posted - 11 Feb 2011 : 07:30:13
Hello,

I can try to remove the MovieID from the folder name automatically. we can then see if that works or not.

I really don't know deeply Media Browser so I don't know why is not working.

Ale
jesusjordan Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 22:56:38
Alessio, I thought renaming the folders would resolve the issue and it did for most but their are still some that I am having problems with. Some of the movies show the description/actors but no backdrops and some show "Runtime" and no information or backdrops. Is this an issue with Media Browser? I can't imagine that it is because most of the movies are working. I have read the FAQ section of theirs and it says that the main reason why it does not display information correctly is because the folder names are incorrect. I have made sure that the folder names match those on themoviedb which is the provider MediaBrowser uses but still some do not display. Any suggestions?
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 15:02:09
Hello,

the MovieID in the folder name is to avoid problems of "Duplicate" title (that will have then the same folder).

I will try to make changes in the next release.

Ale
jesusjordan Posted - 08 Feb 2011 : 22:06:01
I found a program "Metamorphose" and used it to remove the parenthesis and movie ID from the end of the folder name. This resolved the issue for some of the movie, however, there are still a few which display "Runtime." Can I get some help with this matter please?
pjrollo2000 Posted - 03 Feb 2011 : 02:18:13
i would also like to see fanart put in the mediacenterdir but saved as backdrop.jpg backdrop1.jpg backrop2.jpg and so on
pjrollo2000 Posted - 03 Feb 2011 : 02:13:59
i would also like see the movie id removed

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07