BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Cannot re-save my layout

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WimYogya Posted - 07 Feb 2011 : 11:22:17
After I have made (minor or essential) changes to my preferred layout, I want to save it under the previous layout name. But I can't. I get an error message 'This name already exists - Cannot save' or something.
Strange, because then I have to pick a new layout name after every change.
Why not (as in most other applications) 'This filename already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?'
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
WimYogya Posted - 23 Feb 2011 : 06:31:55
Well, I must honestly say: as much as I like XMM after two weeks of intense use, it is my opinion that TOO many features are not user friendly. They go wrong, data get lost, they require many actions and procedures, the layout of various panes is confusing and the function of and text on buttons is not always clear.
Almost ALL save/refresh activities are not clear, consistent and effective. Please recheck and change!

What I expect when starting up XMM is what many other programs do: I get the layout back that I exited at the end of my last use.
That is not the case:
- I have to reposition the main window, because it always pops up at the wrong place, not in the left hand corner of my screen where i want it. It is often half covered by the QE pane.
- Then I have to search for the LOAD LAYOUT tab, click that button, then check the box in the bottom left of the pane (load including the Quick Edit layout). Why must I repeat that EVERY time? Cant this be stored as a preference?
- Then I must select my preferred (in this case MY ONLY private) layout and load again.
Why can't this all be included in the standard startup procedure?

In a private message (how?) I will later mail you and JDhommi all the collected remarks, requests, bugs etc that I came across, in a private message. Not to be nasty, but hoping my insights an experiences will help you make XMM even better as it already is. Grazie!
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 Feb 2011 : 11:58:39
Remember that the layout is automatically saved when you close XMM. Of course in the layouts subfolder and not in one in particular.

Ale
WimYogya Posted - 20 Feb 2011 : 17:43:08
I can re-save now, thanks.
But still, it would be more user-friendly if 'save' just comes up with the EXISTING name of the actual layout. Then, after hitting enter, the warning should come: exists, overwrite? Now I still have to type the existing name of my existing layout everytime I want to make one or more changes to improve it.
Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 08:42:47
Hello Guys,

I have add it to my work list.

Ale
JDommi Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 19:24:31
Best would be that Ale implements overwriting for the layouts...
kimpe Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 19:11:21
I just go to C:\ProgramData\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\Layouts\ then delete my old layout. You can now go to back to EMM and save your newer layout.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07