BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Update doesn't really update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leehester Posted - 05 Mar 2011 : 17:35:50
In the add/edit dialogue window, when you hit "Update From the Web" it does not actually update everything.

This is a problem, because there are times when the scripts find links that happen to be wrong (especially single links they automatically take) and you do not catch them. Then, you have to change the info. The only reliable and quick way I have found to do this is to find the actual IMDB entry myself and then put the URL into the appropriate place in the add/edit window. Then I hit "Update From the Web" and it will take the info from the IMDB page I specified BUT NOT ALL OF IT. It usually leave the Director and a bunch of the Actors and so on from the old incorrect entry.

It is possible of course to completely delete the movie and re-add it and put the URL into the new blank entry BEFORE "Update from the Web" and the it goes ahead and puts it all in. But this seems like a lot of extra steps for nothing when "Update fromt the Web" should really do just that.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07