BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 [SOLVED]Script writes info twice in the same field

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mouh_stach007 Posted - 29 Mar 2011 : 13:41:09
Hi I'm usually using my script ALLOCINE.FR (mowDED) to create details about films in my database. I've been modifying this script everytime the website structure changes, but I'm facing a new kind of problem :

The script is working well, but when the importation ends, I see in certain fields that information is writen twice.

I've noticed that it strike only Country, Plot, custom6, website.
I've tried to understand this problem by decomposing the script action with MagicScript Editoir.

But the action is made properly once. I've also read the source code downloaded by magicscript under temp directory but info appears only once.
That's why I don't understand the reason and I'm suggering this issue to you. Maybe it's an internal bug

It doesn't touch every film too. For instance Transformers 3 is working, but Transformers create values twice.

Maybe it's a script related problem, but then I can't understand it, but maybe it's a more general problem in XMM since it has appeared recently and wasn't present with my disk without XMM updates.

Could you please investigate this problem which is actually disturbing since I upload all my database to a website, and even if the plot label is a little disturbing, the custom6 one is more problematic as it is my value for Trailer weblink, and doesn't work.

Thanks in advance ;)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 31 Mar 2011 : 12:30:47
Yes, I have thought of that function ;)
mouh_stach007 Posted - 31 Mar 2011 : 10:42:53
What do you name "debugger"? the stop function which stop the script at a specific line?

Nevertheless I've solved the problem examining the script in deep. I have found that the #RATING# bloc has a #IF# condition not followed by a #ENDIF#, then the €ENDRATING# and the other one that was duplicated...#PLOT# #COUNTRY# #CUSTOM6#...

In fact the #IF# was waiting en #ENDIF# which was probably far after...
And then restarting #PLOT# #COUNTRY# #CUSTOM6# separately another time...

I have corrected the ALLOCINE.FR mowDED script and resend it to alessio.

thanks for the support and sorry for this script error ;)
JDommi Posted - 30 Mar 2011 : 15:11:35
Could be a wrong/double jump mark.
Best to have a look at the needed blocks like #PLOT# / #ENDPLOT# and at the jump marks within these blocks if there is a doubled mark.
You can find the actual documentation under Advanced Tools/MagicScript Documentation.

*Edit*
Have already run the script within the debugger? There must be a block executed twice. Just insert into the blocks a command to show the executed blockname. )At the moment I don't remember the correct command for it.)
mouh_stach007 Posted - 30 Mar 2011 : 14:32:25
do you mean for example #PLOT# #ENDPLOT# ?

I've read the hierarchy of your IMDB.COM script and I've noticed that every information is added into its own #INFO# #ENDINFO#. The script I've re-written is a little bit in construction an not really state of the art :
I've for instance in a bloc #RATING# #ENDRATING# put lot's of info into custom value :

The process read the html page in this order an put it in this order in database :
#CUSTOM3# (=>press rating)
#CUSTOM7# (link to allociné press page)
#CUSTOM2# (=>info about number of user ratings)
#CUSTOM1# (=>user rating)
#RATING# (same value as user rating)
#CUSTOM5# (link of allociné user ratings)

Maybe there is someting wrong with this? Sould I create a new bloc for each value? It will be more difficult to process because all the info are in the same FINDLINE I'm using a FIND special caracters in this order to find all the info I need on this line.
Maybe the #custom6# which is alphabetically between all the ones I use in #RATING# could be the problem?

But It can't explain the plot, country and moviewebsite duplicated values...

Another value #TAKEMPAA# is into #YEAR# #ENDYEAR#...but no problem with both values
I've already tried to rearrange correctly all the block in the same order as your IMDB script which is the order we see in the importation windows, but I haven't noticed any difference...

Thanks a lot to look my problem ;) XMM is really a fantastic tool for movies enthousiast ;)
Alessio Viti Posted - 30 Mar 2011 : 00:05:41
Hello,

I will take a look asap.

Probably there is some "block" inside the script that is not closed correctly. Usually this is the reason for duplicate values.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07