BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Movie import from network device fails

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yoshi2k Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 12:37:26
Hello,

I use an HDX1000 (similar to Popcorn Hour A-110) to play my movies on my TV. To organize those movies, I import them to the Extreme Movie Manager to generate a movie portal with the "My little NMT Export Tool" Plugin.

When I get new movies as avi or mkv, I copy them via FTP to my HDX1000. Then I want to import them into EMM. But this fails since I imported most of the movies. No new movies are found by EMM. I only get one message, that a movie got updated and if I want to change the file path. But this message is wrong, there was no change.

If I connect my HDX1000 via a network drive (Z:), EMM does not show this drive when I click Add Movies -> Scan drive -> Choose folder. If I choose the folder via network places, I see my folders on my HDX1000 device, but I get to problem described above.
Choosing the new movies manually via Add Movies -> Scan drive -> Select files, I can add all new movies to the list. However when I click "Add Movies", none of them were added to my library.

I don't know if it is important, but I can not connect to my HDX1000 via a DNS name, I have to use its IP Address.

At the moment I add my movies completely manual. I type the movies name into an empty dataset, import the information from the internet, manually type the path to the movie files (\\192.168.1.39\share\.....) and import the codec information at the end. This takes a lot of time and I'm not really happy with it.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks!
Stefan
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 00:02:24
If I connect my HDX1000 via a network drive (Z:), EMM does not show this drive when I click Add Movies -> Scan drive -> Choose folder.

I don't do mine as a network share but do it via a USB connection and it works perfectly. I know in the past that it had to be done as a drive and not an URL.
Can you create a share on that drive and then connect directly to it via drive letter?
Alessio Viti Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 22:32:11
Thank you Stefan for this report,

please let me make some tests in order to see whats wrong.

Thank you,

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07