BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 New Release

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 29 Apr 2011 : 17:49:23
I've noticed a couple of things going on with the newest version of the program.

1. If you select the actors you want to update and the script like IMDB (Actor) when it's done getting the links it converts to IMDB (fastest) script and downlowns nothing about the actors. The clear prevous direct link box is checked.

2. If you pick a couple movies to update and you pick your script again like IMDB (Complete) when you go to the select screen it will list all the movies in the left hand box but does start with the ones you selected. This does not happen everytime but lately more times than not.

3. When your working with the actors, why do you get the error message can't find this movie when all the information was downloaded with no manual input?

4. Collectorz import has a couple of errors. The location is placed in the Catalog Number field and the layers in reference to the actual DVD is placed in the audio format. Audio format is not placed anywhere from the old database. It could be this is for their version 7 but I'm using 6.6 Build 2.

5. When your server is down why does it tell us that the firewall is blocking access when updating. You get the error message click okay then it goes ahead and does what it's supposed to like get direct links. Once the detail starts running you have to go thru the process again but it will run and sometimes better and faster. What is the propose of checking your website first? This seems very odd or a way of tracking.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 30 Apr 2011 : 09:08:11
Okay, now I have understand you :)
I use the IMDB scripts very rarely and when I use only the fast one for adding a few missing/new info (like the new awards or the custom fields). I haven't recognized that 'til now. Seems to be a bug in the script (due to further changes on their site) or on XMM itself what has to be tested. But What I have recognized for XMM as a bug: On getting no info on a single field (in my case Custom9) the data of the previously imported movie (if not used as single update!) is taken.
Using the actor script: I have updated a few weeks ago the first 200 actors in my database by the imdb script (always 20 to 50 at one time) without errors - except that on stopping the import process in some cases there can occur a wrong behaviour as I had 8 different actors with the same actor id. But as I often test something (as for the programming of the CleanActors plugin) I don't wanna say that it's 100% percent a bug in XMM.
The direct link for actors I have never tested yet. I only import info for actors once (with the same script). Seems to be a "non perfect" or missing function in that script I think.
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 30 Apr 2011 : 01:20:24
Let's see if I can explain it differently then perhaps you can give me some advice or a better understanding.

I'm building my datadata base and want to add 10 new movies. If I use the IMDB complete is will run fine for three or four movies then it will download the movie information and one actor with their codes but no picture or bio. It will complete that movie and move on to the next and again only one actor and no pic or bios.

If I shut down EMM and start again with the first movie with the one actor it runs fine for another 3 or 4 then back to the first actor no pic or bios. I wondered if it was server issue but the restarting EMM and going through the download process seems to work for awhile.

In trying to understand why, I decided to do the fast load not expecting it download the actor information. That worked fine. When I go into update wizard and select actors then choose from the list a group to update it goes to the next screen and starts to get the direct links.

Here I've had situations where it will say movie is no longer in database but it is and so is the actor so the message confuses me. If I get past that without errors the screen switches to the download screen and says it's using the IMDB fast script, I'm not sure why it switches scripts since I selected IMDB actors.

Maybe here at this point I should ask another question I have. When you look at the actor's they already have a direct link with their correct information such as IDBM code and nm. If you use complete or update wizard and you are keeping the direct links, why aren't those used instead of researching for them again?

This is another place where I get confused since I selected actors, IMDB actor script and watched it search for the direct links and expected everything to be fine. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

It really isn't by choice to use the fast then the actors update it's because I can't the complete to work with 10 or more. I'd rather just use the complete and move on to adding more.

Your English is fine.

Servers - wow a fire? Hope no one was hurt. Sort of like our bad weather over here. Interesting. It only happened when the servers were down. Now that they are back up and running you don't get the blocked message. If you on purpose block binaryworks.it and magic scripts starts it states you are blocking our website and goes no further unlike last night it would continue on to IMDB and function.

Collectoz - That's good to know. I lost interest in them when they lost the ability to script and each new upgrade was new $$ after they said that wasn't going to happen. Got tired of the attitude. But that's a side note. I guess the importing script needs a tweak or two then.

When your on the main screen and you highlight say 5 movies and right mouse click to get the options windows and you click on update selected. Then you go to select your script. When you get to the next window that's when they are all listed. I just recreated again. That's when you all a whole list and not just the ones you selected. However the process only does the ones you selected.
JDommi Posted - 29 Apr 2011 : 23:18:10
1. You wanna use IMDB (Actors) and IMDB fastest link is saved? Or how do I have to understand yor problem? (Sorry, but sometimes my english is not good enough...)
2. Haven't recognized that. Do you wanna update only selected or do you have clicked the update wizard?
3. That happens only if you have selected the treeview with movies and select an actor out of a chosen movie.
4. <- never used but version 7 handles only TV shows different from V6 - except of the new fields of course.
5. Half of italien websides was down due to a fire on a server farm...
The message that a possibility of the firewall is blocking access is a message of YOUR/our browser(s). I think that there is NO software that checks if a server isn't reachable!

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07