BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 TV Shows database

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
music4al Posted - 07 Apr 2012 : 14:59:33
I'm incurring a few problems with the using the TV Show database...
1) The limited amount of scripts provided does not find the items, I'm looking for, I was hoping to be able to import scripts from the movie database, since it has access to amazon and other sites that may have the information required, but there doesn't seem to be a way to import them or even just being able to use the movie scripts as an alternative.
2) I was looking for a way to calculate the times (length) in the database since most TV programs I have are series and I want to calculate the total time, maybe I'm blind but I can't see a way to update.
3) I noticed that it's increasing clunky the way you have to move about the database to do things, I'm part of a team creating a new database structure at work, and one of the things I've taken some of the responsibility for is the ergonomic feel of the interface, especially to cut down the enormous amount of moving the mouse from one part of the screen to the other just to get something done, one of things that could be immediately fixed is where you see the HTML card on the right side of the database, and above that you see the left and right arrows and the print button. I was thinking right next to that print button you should have other buttons, such as opening the cover editor, or another series of editing buttons including refresh, that may or may not be programmable by the user, I know you have the right click button to call up various jobs however I notice you are constantly moving back and forth to do things. As you say in your faq's that because your database has so many features it's not the easiest database to use, however this does not prevent you from making it a little more streamline and still keep the functionality.

Thanks and hopefully you can get back to me soon

music4al
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Apr 2012 : 06:42:57
Please sorry very much for delay guys.

I had some personal problems last couple of weeks, this is why I haven't update the software so much.

I will try to do it asap.

Thank you,

Ale
crocuta Posted - 17 Apr 2012 : 06:28:44
JDommi, please keep in mind this is not a free, community software. People are paying for it. Although I guess Ale didn't get rich from sales. I swear I would applaud if he did because this program definitely has a potential. Has his software (and bugs and forum) gotten too big for one person? Maybe he could find someone to help?
JDommi Posted - 16 Apr 2012 : 19:55:13
crocuta, please keep in mind that Ale is the sole programmer of the project. And he has a real life, too.
Normally he answers really quick, but in the last time he was very much abroad because of his job. And when he is back he really can't answer to every post.
crocuta Posted - 16 Apr 2012 : 18:54:29
Sorry to disappoint you, guys. I posted a problem in June 2011. It took 3 months for the developer to acknowledge the problem and there has been no progress ever since.
music4al Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 22:28:47
True enough...there seems to be a lot right with this program but there is a lot wrong as well, but that's the case with all ongoing developments...but the situation with limited scripts should be fixable quite immediately...hopefully that will be done soon.
JDommi Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 07:55:17
I think that always the last used folder will be opened. So it's anice request from you to add default folders.
Btw. these kind of requests are in my opinion one of the causes that XMM is a little bit un-ergonomic. Ale tries to include all wishes, but to integrate them the prog grows more and more complicated in some parts. I think that's the fate of every feature-growing program until it will be rewritten from scratch.
music4al Posted - 08 Apr 2012 : 04:34:20
Yes, it is really frustrating with the lack of ergonomic feel, what is especially frustrating is the program not looking or remembering where files are located, sometimes when I go to the cover to add a photo, it opens in the files area, and when I switch it to the covers area,it's fine however when I have to add a file i now have to go back to the files area. What I would like the program to do is that when the cover editor is open it should remember to go to the directory for that database's covers and so on and so forth or at least have a way to set defaults where your covers, files are kept like other programs do.

Music4al
JDommi Posted - 07 Apr 2012 : 17:37:31
You're right, some things are really a little bit inconvenient. It's something Ale has to improve. But it's as the fnctions have grown all the time more and more.
The episodes' playing time has to be imported if it's provided by the source site. Only other possibility would be to reckon the whole playing time by calculating the number of episodes multiplied by about 40 min per episode (or by length of shown episode).
Another possibility could be to put the season or complete show in a Boxset. But I haven't tested this function so far.

At the moment you can't get the information from one movie/episode inside another one. That's already a request and will hopefully be implemented soon.

Playing each episode is already possible. Just chose your TV Show and click on any episode. If the movie file is present you should be able to start it out of the episode card.
music4al Posted - 07 Apr 2012 : 15:35:59
Ok, I figured out why it can't calculate the times or length, when I originally imported the data from one of my hard drives, I didn't realize that this database is not structured like the movie database for the simple reason, each of the episodes represents a different part and unlike the movie database which may have only a couple of parts (CD1)...(CD2) which can be linked to the database as an individual movie file but is part of the whole and as you have up to six links available this doesn't work for a 24 episode tv program, however there must be a way to accommodate this such as a variable link generator that can create links to all files when importing. This may also allow you to play the file from your program, just like the movie database does.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07