BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Books Manager
 Suggestions / New features
 Suggestions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gdmster Posted - 26 Nov 2010 : 15:14:48
Hi Alessio, I've been playing around with many e-book organizers for at least three years and I must say that the new born XBM that I downloaded yesterday can be a strong player. Best players now are Calibre, Datacrow, Alfaebooks and elibrary, but only calibre shows fast upgrades. I could identify some points that should be included/upgraded in XMM:
1) file management: move, copy, rename (with templates from stored data, mainly ISBN, author(s), title in desidered order: I use ISBN for example). Possibility to arrange file AUTOMATICALLY by author or other criteria would be a benefit (see Calibre)
2) database merging: a provisional database is used to ented data and when complete is merged with the main database
3) metadata retrieving from metadata fields, file name or by parsing pdf, chm, djvu (difficult) files
4) file metadata update from database metadata
5) ISBN retrieving from file content (see alfaebooks or elibrary for practical examples)
6) other to follow

If you like I can provide you, if needed, with some hints on items above (for example which libraries can be used to manage pdf files...)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zukkara Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 14:16:22
Hello Alessio,
I have some suggestions for XBM as well.
1. Make it possible to sort the authors by last name. Best would be to import them as last and first name in 2 fields, so everyone can sort them as they like. And display them like "LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME". If you suggest to use the pseudonym field for the last name, then an import option to fill it automaticly with the authors last name would be good. But so far there isn't even an pseudonym column for the Gridview.

2. import information from .nfo file (like in XMM) search nfo for ISBN (and other information if possible)
3. import ISBN from filename.
4. a funktion to clean up the filenames like in XMM and even more important to rename (and perhaps rearange)the filenames with a given template, after they have been properly imported. Depending on the category a books is asigned to, differnet templates would be fine. Because I have different naming schemes for fictional and non-fiction books.
5. read filetyp and codecinformation (audiobooks) from files.
6. show preview of search result in import windows or browser like in XMM. Or how do I check if the script has found the right result before importing?
7. import cover from HD like in XMM. (any jpg in the same folder for audiobooks or any jpg having the same name as the ebook file in a folder with many ebooks and jpgs)
8. fileimport templates like in XMM TV series import. So far XBM does not recognize the informations in the filename and puts it into the right fields.

I tested XBM 1.0.1.1

I know some of it has been asked for before, but I wanted to point youre attention to it again.
Thank you
zukkara
Alessio Viti Posted - 30 Nov 2010 : 04:00:59
Thank you for the suggestions!

I will read it carefully and try to implement soon.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07