BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 imdb (actors)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cellofan Posted - 01 Dec 2012 : 14:23:00
still problems when updatign actors with imdb.
looks like it doesn't really search for the actor, after the import the only data is

webid: <link rel="canonical" href="http:

i tried making a full installation or deleting the script and downloading it again.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 22:20:05
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

And yep, my directory has 95 in it too, but I am pretty sure that if I added up the 3 views that you have to pick scripts from within EMM they would not total that...

I did a quick count on the movie scripts and without the hidden adult scripts (I'm not allowed to have those active therefore I used the remove option ) there are 66 entries. My guess is that if you add adult scripts and chains and series stuff this will be near 95.
JustME Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 15:58:07
thanks for the highlight info, saw it but never knew the importance.
And yep, my directory has 95 in it too, but I am pretty sure that if I added up the 3 views that you have to pick scripts from within EMM they would not total that...
yan00s Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 15:24:49
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

I went to update my scripts and there were no updates, but 3 of my scripts were highlighted in yellow?

This highlighting thingy was added as a new feature a couple of versions ago. It's intended to show the most important scripts.

BTW, my XMM8 script directory lists 95 different scripts. No idea if they all work but they are there.
JustME Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 14:39:27
So because I seem to be one of the few that was having problems, I thought it might be with my install. Program is on C: .....Database and files on D:
I went to update my scripts and there were no updates, but 3 of my scripts were highlighted in yellow? I deleted the actors script and thought I would download it again. It deleted, but didn't show up in the deleted scripts directory (?). I manually moved it and then reupdated my scripts. The new script came down and installed and works fine now :-)
Apparently it was just a dumb user error....but the interaction between the user and scripts has changed in EMM8 I guess as I only have a very small amount of scripts to choose from now and it should probably contain more scripts to choose from?
JustME Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 12:25:50
A lot of the actors that are added to the database when you run the IMDB complete script for movies do not have a picture or any details with them (doesn't populate the database properly from the IMDB complete script).
So to clean up the actors database I try to select a group of actors and get them to update automatically (they have an ID already)/
The data doesn't get populated nor do I get a picture of the actor
eg:
A Martinez
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0553436/
I deleted the actor and added him again to the database and tried an update and still no picture or any details. Using 3 different scripts
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 08:32:29
Hello and sorry for delay.

I have not completely understand the background... I mean, if you add manually an actor, are you able to import the picture with IMDB (Actors)?

Ale
JustME Posted - 25 Dec 2012 : 14:44:53
anyone get this to work yet? any solutions to work around this? I see that there is an ID number for an actor but not the webpage, even adding the webpage doesn't bring me any more info down to the database though. I also tried one that had some info filled in (ID#0687491) and it never populated the webpage link. I did that automatically and it still didn't bring down the picture.
So I don't know what to do to get the fields filled in for the people databases....any suggestions?
This gets populated by the movie import so I can't really delete the actors can I?
cellofan Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 13:58:54
nothing different
in script error tab of script manager there's the error 13-cast non valido dalla stringa"" al tipo 'Date'....
i unchecked the ignore script error and i recieved the same error as dixon, but there are no line or firewall errors(tried disabling all)
Dixon Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 11:23:12
Hello guys,

having the same problem as cellofan, I tried the solution as suggested by Ale.
All I get is an error message:
"Error downloading the #OPENNEWWEBPAGE"..."

Even after todays script updates and restarting XMM8.

Cheers
Dixon
Alessio Viti Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 06:28:40
Please try this: Edit Kim Basinger-> Update by selecting script ->Select IMDB for actors.

Please let me know,

Ale
cellofan Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 04:37:24
yep, still giving me the same problem
i tried also:
uninstall xmm,
make a new full install
look for updates
create a new db
import 1 movie
people>update one (kim basinger, there should be everything on imdb)

same thing...
nehickel Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 02:49:07
I'm having troubles with Actor importas from IMDB as well.

Norm
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 21:59:33
Hello,

Seem to be OK the script, do you still have problems?

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07