BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 New version does not import all the movies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JustME Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 00:00:43
Using Device scanner to scan an external drive with 233 movies on it.
Upon checking I discovered that it never imported 4 of them.

Die (in a folder called Die and is Die.mkv)
Score (in a folder called Score and is Score.mkv)
Samson and Delialah) in a folder called Samson and Delilah and is Samson and Delilah.mkv)
The Man in the Iron Mask (In a folder called The Man in the Iron Mask and also named The Man in the Iron Mask.mkv)

Version was just downloaded today and a rescan of the folder does not find these 4 either so I had to manually add them.
This concerns me as the app will be no good to me if I can't trust it to find all the movies and I have to physically check each drive that I import to verify that they are all included.
Let me know if you need any other info or if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rick69 Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 16:11:08
Ich habe es anders geregelt.
neuer scan mit zulassen Doppelter Filme (allerdings gab es da Probleme)
Dann die Filme Löschen und neu scannen (doppelte dicht zulassen).
Dann war alles io.
Ich teste das morgen noch mit einer anderen Festplatte, denn beim Scannen (ohne Doppelte) zulassen passten Datei und Filmname nicht zusammen.

By Rick
JDommi Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 09:02:26
Der Scanner vergleicht nur, was in der Datenbank ist. Ich glaube nicht, dass der irgendwo eine 2. Liste hat, mit den Filmen, die er schon gesehen hat. Das muss also ein anderes Problem sein. Hast du den Ordner noch in der Liste drin? Evtl. ist da ja durch die Version was zurückgesetzt worden...
rick69 Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 07:29:54
OK
Ich habe die Datenbank angesehen (in acces) und die Filme stehen nich drinn.
Lasse ich die Festplatte neu scannen wird trozdem nichts eingelesen, der Scanner bleibt leer.
Also meint der Scanner, die filme wären in der Datenbank.
Kann man das rücksetzen?

Grusse Rick
JDommi Posted - 05 Dec 2012 : 16:56:02
You can't cleanup anything that doesn't exist ;)
The simple error was that the save routine for the database was disabled for testing purposes.
rick69 Posted - 05 Dec 2012 : 16:49:33
it is ok
how can i cleanup the importet movies, i can not see the movies?

By
JDommi Posted - 05 Dec 2012 : 15:04:43
There was a bug in the 8.0.3.1 release of yesterday. Please load it again as that error is corrected meanwhile. Release number is the same!
rick69 Posted - 05 Dec 2012 : 14:57:53
Hi
I will import a new external drive.
The scann is ok.
the import is in funktio.
Every i must start new the XMM.
After the new-start, i dont find the last importet movies in XMM.
I start the scann new, nothig was found.

last version 8.0.3.1

greetings rick
JustME Posted - 04 Dec 2012 : 12:40:21
I just imported another drive this morning and there was a discrepancy on that one too. It missed 4 movies, I checked in EMM and a couple would have been duplicates so maybe that is part of the issue?
I suggested to Ale that maybe at the end of the scan, it pops up a list of movies that it found and is not going to import so we know that?
I use EMM to find duplicates so once I import a drive, I check for duplicates and delete them from the new drive and add more until there are no duplicates in EMM.
Missing items on a device import is not acceptable for my use as I now manually go through the contents of the drive and compare it to the import.
I manually checked the last two but I don't really want to go back through the previous 17 drives and maually check each one to ensure that they were all cataloged.....
JustME Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 17:28:23
http://dukelupus.com/dirlister
I used this one and it showed all the directories and files OK.
I actually like this app as it dumps it into txt and you can then bring it into Excel.
I could then do a compare of it to a dump from EMM to find my missing movies if needed...I don't WANT to, but planning for the worst and expecting the best :-)
JustME Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 17:24:22
Will do, I just imported another drive and there was a discrepancy of several on it too. There were 237 folders on that drive and the scan only imported 231 (there were also 2 extra movies in one folder so the number should have been 239)
the scan shows 231 to import only.
I sent Ale a Word Doc with screenshots also of the discrepancy. I noticed one that it did not import would have been a duplicate...but I don't see any setting where we can set that to NOT import duplicates, plus I don't know how it would tell it was a duplicate besides name?
Hopefully Ale finds something
JDommi Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 16:50:06
Well, if it's really not related to the folders you can check with this program: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ix78666i12t68md/gYTPnJ3V3N
It's not a checker but the program with that I had the problem. Please take a look as it will show you those folders. Maybe it's really a bug in XMM but better to check
JustME Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 16:33:52
nope :-(
Folder structure is identical with each of the folders within.
I use new 2 TB drives and copy over my movies from my Win 7 box to these drives. Its a fresh drive, freshly formatted by this PC and each folder is copied over in batches of 20 or so. Nothing special about the folders though. I haven't gone back and checked the other 16 drives that I have already imported though.
Of interest is the fact that there are about 230 movies on this drive and counting down in the directory (listed alphabetically) it was about every 50 movies that it skipped one. None any closer together...I don't know if there are any parameters passed to the import of the movies but perhaps that is a limitation that could be changed?
Curious now as I will rescan each of my drives if there is a problem identified and fixed in the next release :-)
JDommi Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 09:19:16
One thing I could imagine as I have had something similar on an own program: As I was changing from XP to Win7 I had some old folders on a second HD that had the folder flags "directory" and "archived". These folders weren't recognized under Win7 with my own Delphi7 program that was working under XP on those folders without any problems.
I had to create the folder newly and then there were no longer problems.
Same happened on some old rar archives after unpacking.
JustME Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 01:46:08
yep, it is in there (about 200 of the movies were mkv extensions).
I never noticed this on the earlier versions, may have to check another drive again to verify....I guess I could use dirlister and export the drive listing to excel and then export EMM data as excel and do a compare too...
JDommi Posted - 03 Dec 2012 : 00:36:05
Do you have added the .mkv extesion to recognize?
I don't know if it's included in the standard extension list.
Please go to the options and have alook.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07