BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 [SOLVED]Seen/Unseen & Choosing Wrong Link

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dimxr Posted - 10 Dec 2012 : 18:14:41
Hello guys...
I really like the new XMM 8... It's more snappy when you use it than the previous version...

1. One minor bug is that I have it showing the Seen/Unseen column, but when I click the box in order to change its state from Seen to unseen and vice versa, it just won't happen.
In order to achieve this, I have to right click and select Seen/Unseen...
But even when you're done with this, the Mini Stats of Seen/Unseen will not update automatically. You have to restart the whole program for them to update. If I remember correctly, these two things were possible on the previous edition, right?

2. I updated my XMM from version 7 to 8 and it said that it found an existing database (which was mine) and it imported it, but it said that it didn't import the actors and that i had to import them again. It mentioned also that right now the movie info default script is the one from themoviedb.org and the one for actors is imdb.com (Actors).
When I was using the 7 edition, I always used the IMDB script. Finally I noticed that most of movies' imported data, don't exist anymore. So, the questions on this subject:
a) I have some fields that are already filled, (like: File1, Notes, CatalogNo) that MUST NOT get replaced from anything imported... How do I secure that when I update the movies' data that will not happen?
b) Is there a way to update actors only?
c) In the Actors script, does it import directors, writers etc, too?

Thanks in advance...
Keep up the good work!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Dec 2012 : 06:50:08
Thank you!!
dimxr Posted - 13 Dec 2012 : 21:18:36
OK, so now it asks which link to choose, in case that there are more than one possible matches...

Thanks for the support... The whole think is that it seems a little bit complex, but when you get the right settings, it's a very powerfull app, even more powerfull than the 7 version...
Thanks...
Keep up the good work!

Alessio Viti Posted - 13 Dec 2012 : 05:37:11
Sorry for late reply!

About Actors/Directors, if you want you can import it also from XMM 7, it takes long time because of the new database structure, but it works.

Please let me know,

Ale
JDommi Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 16:58:27
At first you have to disable the option to take the title. It's in Options -> MagicScript or in the Script Options itself. (I just can't check as I'm still @work).
But in the MagicScript options you can set the Direct Link behaviour. Just have a look. As far as I remember that's the same option possibilities like in XMM7... except of the automatic import. But that can be disabled, too.
And keep aware of overwriting previous imported information!
dimxr Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 16:24:40
Come one guys! At least subject 2 from my second post is really important! Some help?
Thanks again...
dimxr Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 01:50:35
[UPDATE]

So,

1. It has to either become editable, or right click Seen/Unseen. The Mini Stats bug still exists, though.

2. Answered almost my question just with a lot of experimentation. There is a small problem right now.
I want to use chains (which is an awesome feature by the way) and first use TMDB and then IMDB. The problem is that I've tested it in the movie Margin Call. First, TMDB worked just fine, but after that, IMDB changed the title and the link to an episode of a series. So, the title instead of Margin Call, now it's "Maltin on Movies" Margin Call!!! The real problem is that I couldn't find any selection to check where it would ask me which is the correct link in case it finds more than one possible matches!

I have to update 3000 movies and I want to be sure that whenever there is more than one possible titles, it would ask me to pick the right one, just like in XMM 7. How is that possible in the new version?

Thanks in advance...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07