BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Actors Thumbs Problem and Strange Solution

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dimxr Posted - 14 Dec 2012 : 02:40:02
After many hours of testing, I have a serious bug.
I saw that it has been mentioned before not exactly the same, but similar.

I imported my collection from XMM 7, but without the actors, in order to update them later with XMM 8.
So, I just created a chain to import stuff just like I want it. Here is the chain:
1. Trailer Addict to get correct trailers.
2. THEMOVIEDB for fan art and backgrounds.
3. IMDB (fastest) to get everything else.

The problem is that in the details window on the right, when you click a movie that has been imported completely, the actors thumbnails never show.
I have tried also updating the movie without the chain, just with plain scripts as IMDB (fastest) and THEMOVIEDB, but the same results.

The only way to make the actors appear is to go manual into actor edit and hit update from web.

Do we have a solution yet on this problem? Are you aware of that?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 Dec 2012 : 14:37:57
If you use to update the actors it will use a different update.

Ale
JustME Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 03:46:08
If we reupdate actors could that run a different script that would overwrite everything in the actors database? Just take their name and import fresh data?
PedroNog Posted - 15 Dec 2012 : 06:46:10
I have same problem.
I use IMBD complete for movies, actors and tv shows.
I create a new DB for testing with one movie and one tv show and the problem is the same, never import actors image.

In TV shows Cast and Crew are assigned to TV Show, but in episodes, Cast and Crew aren't assigned to episode.

In People DB verify other information are not imported: Country, Webpage, Script Used and Weblink for actors.
for other crew only name are imported.

I need to select actors manually and select "Update Actor(s) Automatically" to obtain all information.

dimxr Posted - 15 Dec 2012 : 03:01:27
I use only IMDB for Actors.
When using the chain, in THEMOVIEDB script, I have enabled only Intelligent Direct Link Engine and Fan Art/Backdrop.

Question 1: Do you believe that if I erased all my actors database and import from scratch it would work ok?
Question 2: Is it possible to add to a chain the script IMDB (Actors only)? Because I cannot seem to find it in order to add it. It only appears when you want to update a particular actor.

UPDATE: After a lot of testing, the problem appears ONLY when importing from IMDB (with whichever script). When I imported from THEMOVIEDB script, all thumbs where placed into their position! Hope that helps... I'll keep testing, though... :)
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Dec 2012 : 06:47:26
Hello,

You are right, also another guy has the same problem.

I haven't found a solution yet because I cannot reproduce the error.

This guy has sent to me his database, only movies, no actors.

What I have do is just use the IMDB (complete) and I had all actors with pictures.

A question: do you import Actors from THEMOVIEDB? The only situation when XMM do not import the pictures is if the Actor already exist in the database.

I explain why: if you import for example Matrix 1, 2, 3, the first time XMM will donwload Keanu Reever with everything, the other time not because already exist in the DB

So, if you have already an actor in the Database (even without the picture), XMM will not download the picture again because already in DB.

This is a setting on the script, maybe we can try to change it.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07