BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Ratings getting rounded

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brainy Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 00:43:40
When I update movie information (with a script chain of themmoviedb api and imdb complete)the rating is for example displayed as 7.2.
If I then xlose XMM and open it again, the rating is displayed as 7, so it appears to get rounded off somewhere??
So far this is happening for every movie I update.
Is this an option that can be turned off somewhere?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Anhad Posted - 30 Oct 2013 : 22:49:37
Anybody? Imdb ratings still not showing decimals in xmm8.....
Anhad
Anhad Posted - 30 Jun 2013 : 12:56:33
Hello guys.

Any news on the IMDB ratings not showing up decimals? Can we expect a solution?
Anhad
JustME Posted - 02 May 2013 : 13:21:28
LOL, just a note for Ale to look at as he does constant incremental upgrades...your idea of a tool is a very good one,we already have some database maintenance options, would be easy to add the tweak to that section to make the adjustment.....
I am not comfortable making changes through access though myself.
I have seen too many different versions of access cause us problems when the database was opened in the wrong version, that and a lot of people may not have access installed on their PC, and not know how to use it!
yan00s Posted - 01 May 2013 : 20:39:24
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

So this is a change that Ale can make with his next release so everyone has that set properly?

Since this would be a one time change for existing databases I'd suggest not to add this to the main program but to deliver some tiny external tool which does the required ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN stuff. Ofcourse, the template for new databases should get adjusted (if it's not done already).

BTW, what do you know about a next release?
JustME Posted - 01 May 2013 : 19:32:16
So this is a change that Ale can make with his next release so everyone has that set properly?
romex Posted - 01 May 2013 : 13:04:41
Ok, i have found the solution:

The fieldtype from "rating" in the database was "integer". This can only store whole numbers. So I changed it with MS Access to "single" and now all works fine.
romex Posted - 01 May 2013 : 00:45:36
Hi,

I have the same problem, but unfortunately no more backup from my old XMM7-DB.

In the example.mdb the rating will saved as 7,6, in my imported XMM7 will saved as 76.

Can anyone help me?
Brainy Posted - 06 Jan 2013 : 23:19:14
I did make a backup :-)
I did open the database in Access but only AFTER the problem started to see the field definition and how the values where stored in the database itself.
What caused the problem is a mystery to me, as far as I know I just upgraded to v8 and used the build in v7 to v8 conversion.
What I actually did to resolve the problem is: Back-up all data directories of v7 and v8 (skattered all around the place, really ridicoulous. De-installed both v7 and v8, delete any left overs manually, re-install v8 and restored the database files from v7 in the directory of v8. Reopening these files in v8 triggers a new conversion/import. Afterwards deleted the v7 datbase and renamed the new v8 database files/directories.
JustME Posted - 03 Jan 2013 : 12:26:17
Sorry to hear that it wasn't easily resolved :-(
Make a backup of the new Database just in case :-)....
Just curious, did you happen to open that database in Access and did it maybe change a value on that field on you maybe? I realize that your issue is now resolved, but inquiring minds are curious how it happened, and also then knowing how we can prevent it from happening again :-)
Brainy Posted - 03 Jan 2013 : 11:30:23
Well, I took my loss and reimported my last version 7 database. I've lost days if not weeks of work but it seems to work now.

Thanks for the suggestions
Brainy Posted - 02 Jan 2013 : 10:49:32
Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem is not that the script returns a wrong value but that XMM is not storing it correctly in my database.

The script returns for example 7.2. This is then also displayed in the main grid, untill... I close and restart XMM after which it's plain 7.
If I enter the value manually the same thing happens.

Now I have also checked the values stored in the database file itself with MS access and the 7 is really stored in there, not a 7.2.
Other fractional values like the filesize are correctly displayed. This also always worked in v7 so it's not a regional setting for example.
JustME Posted - 02 Jan 2013 : 01:54:03
you could try and run one of the scripts that download that for you...go to the script configuration and select for it to only update the ratings, nothing else so it runs fairly quick.Run that script on a couple of movies and see if the update works to fix your issue.
If it does (and is fairly quick, do 1000 first and see how long it takes. Once those are done, multiply the time by 4 to see if the rest can be done overnight and run the rest of them while you are sleeping.....? I do big blocks of actors every night to try to get them all updated but with big quantities it does take quite a while!
Brainy Posted - 02 Jan 2013 : 01:32:12
Nobody else is having this problem?

I just completely removed xmm v7 and v8 and did a clean reinstal of the current v8 (8.0.3.9) after which I copied the database back and the configuration file. The problem is still there.
B.t.w. despite the fact that I installed one of the first v8 versions and did an upgrade/import and have used the online update function since there where quite some different files between my backup and the clean install.
After this I loaded the example database, added some ratings, and tried again. Low and behold, this works. So I guess this means it's not a problem with XMM itself (at least now) but a problem with the imported/upgraded v7 database.

Anybody have any idea on how I could straiten this out without starting over and manually adding almost 5000 movies?
Brainy Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 13:02:52
Hi,

I use the build in update function. Currently I am running 8.0.3.8.
When I dubbleclick a movie to get the edit screen and change 7.2 (just updated the movie with the scripts)to 7,2 and leave the edit screen again, the rating in the main grid is updated to 72 (no point, no comma) which in inself is kind of a bug I guess.
When I then quit and restart XMM the rating is back to 6 this was the rating it had before the script update. BUT the rating of about 15 other movies I just added was not saved at all (empty fields)
Alessio Viti Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 08:15:13
Hello, what release are you using?

Please try to write for one movie the rating with ",", 7,2 instead of dot.

Let me know what happens, if the value is saved correctly or not.

Thank you,

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07