BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 File Manager

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ComZiz Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 02:29:07
File Manager
1- Shows every file as missing.
2- In the main tab, when you use "Search" then close the File Manager, the filter still remains when you re-open the File Manager next time but the search field is empty. In order to reset, you have to write something and delete it.

File Rename Options
1- Filename mask can save the masks but can not delete them.

2- Available Tags are empty.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 07 Jan 2013 : 22:50:11
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

... I will fix the error about the search string.

Ale

More or less by accident I found out about a feature which is already there and which should be sufficient for File Manager Grid (and other Grids except the Main Grid):

It seems to be a standard feature which equals to search in visible grid fields (I remember there was a discussion and a feature enhancement a few revisions back).

And it works:

and even though it's persistent between File Manager sessions it stays visible and has a working reset button.

Looks like yet another point for the documentation project (dunno if somebody is working on this ... )

And: it may be easier to just remove the additional search feature from the ribbon and rely on the provided "right click" feature or simply duplicate the call to this grid function on the ribbon (for easier access) instead of having two functions where it's not really needed.
JDommi Posted - 06 Jan 2013 : 17:55:16
When I move a file from one location to another and start the device scanner again it says that the files have moved and asks me to change the path. For that the old and the new path both have to be in the folder list to check (and maybe both folders have to be present?). After a restart of XMM the paths should be updated...
JustME Posted - 06 Jan 2013 : 17:12:35
Is the location still correct in Device Scanner? can you remove it from within there and then set it again to see if that refreshes it so it can find them again? Just thinking aloud....:-)
ComZiz Posted - 06 Jan 2013 : 16:58:21
Well, here's the funny part, I was even able to move some of the files that were marked in "red" as missing. They're still in red and marked as missing. But from windows explorer I can see that the file is moved to the new location, and is there.

Not only one... A lot of files. In fact as I said before XMM marks "ALL" my archive in red.
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Jan 2013 : 09:35:24
Thank you Comziz, I will fix the error about the search string.

About the Missing File, XMM mark it as "red" if cannot locate it, I mean if the function Io.File.Exist is false.

Ale
ComZiz Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 18:40:51
quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

quote:
Originally posted by ComZiz

File Manager

Can't confirm this. I did even move out a file of it's "registered" location and back in and XMM reported this correctly both times.

Well I got 1333 movies in database. Currently 673 of them are on my harddrives (609 in one drive 64 in another) the rest is copied to DVD's and such. But XMM list all 1333 as missing with a red font and a tick in the box next to it. But I was even able to move some files

I'm telling you something's wrong with my xmm and I'm telling every bit of it to give clues or help us pinpoint the issues.

Btw what I just noticed is that search inheritance is even carried along the next time XMM starts, eventhough I made different searches along the way, it still opens "File manager" with my first search.....
yan00s Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 15:38:49
quote:

File Manager

Can't confirm this. I did even move out a file of it's "registered" location and back in and XMM reported this correctly both times.

quote:

2- In the main tab, when you use "Search" then close the File Manager, the filter still remains when you re-open the File Manager next time but the search field is empty. In order to reset, you have to write something and delete it.

Indeed. Searches also do get inherited to the Episode File Manager window (which they should not - me thinks).

So we need a "Reset Search" button like we've already got on the main ribbon.

A nice new feature for the file manager would be if the file functions from the movie edit window would be available in the file manager too, maybe as a right click option. At least the "edit file" function (to browse for a file and update its location) could be helpful to do things right on the spot.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07