BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Strange things with the covers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
washandgo Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 15:32:31
Randomly occurs. After closing xmm memory still in use hardly have anything open. It may be because the file is too big?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
washandgo Posted - 13 Jan 2013 : 12:08:03
Thinking about now, the problem with the images, must be for any exception error with memory but go ... with 8 gigs of ram. xmm7 and 8 have open and working, should not fail.
For processes that remain to close xmm, windows are processes that should not be ordered to xmm to close.
This happens with the usb DAS (like a NAS) to work with xmm, you can not shut down safely. You have to turn off the computer and then the DAS.
yan00s Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 23:13:23
quote:
Originally posted by washandgo

Randomly occurs. After closing xmm memory still in use hardly have anything open. It may be because the file is too big?

There are limits for image dimensions and image file size but only Ale could tell what those are exactly.

It seems that if width x heigth stays below 3999 x 4999 pixels images will get drawn in all places. (That's what my experiments suggest - but I would not bet on it.)

I'm not very sure about file sizes though. Seems like at times XMM does not care about them but certain constellations do not work. My guess is that in theory things will be fine if pictures stay below 10MB. I've got a few movies with big (press) images of ca. 4 to 8 MB and those display just fine; image dimensions are of course within the limit mentioned earlier.

Also, there is no obvious pattern when images will get rendered and when they will (definitely) fail to do so.

For example I've got the Cover Editor / Browser to show me all three images in thumb view with the following (test) sizes:

- cover.jpg (3999 x 4999 px, ca. 0.3 MB)
- cover_1.jpg (3603 x 4999 px, ca. 5,6 MB)
- cover_2.jpg (13602 x 18898 px, ca. 133,84 MB )

with a preview for the first two covers working, only the (silly sized) third one got a complaint (7 - not enough memory).

If the image dimensions are not to XMMs liking, it usually says "5 - Das zu einer ImageList hinzugefügte Bild muss von "Image" abgeleitet oder ein Symbol sein." which roughly translates to "An Image added to an ImageList has to be of the type "Image" or Symbol". So there is some VB error here which I cannot comment on any further.

BTW this happens in XMM7 as well and is nothing new for XMM8.

-

Maybe there's a discussion needed what kind of image sizes / dimensions XMM8 shall support in the future. I would like to see "no limits". But certain image types like Cover Scans and press photos could also get own categories since for simple browsing / display it would be overkill to go above certain image dimensions. On the other hand side: with 4K, Retina and similiar stuff being already out there those limits shouldn't be too low.

-

As for the memory usage: is XMM still running in the background after you close it? Under normal circumstances XMM should close and release all memory. Have you checked (i.e. with Task Manager or Systinternals Process Explorer) if it's really XMM?

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07