BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Perhaps not a bug for you but it is for me

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andersonjondarwin Posted - 18 Jan 2013 : 05:47:53
In XMM7 there was the ability to rename some of the fields on the Custom tab. So I renamed five of them and I have been using those fields to store information specifically for my collection.

In XMM8 those fields did not import the right way. The ones that I was using are now permanently named with a field name that has nothing to do with the data I stored in that field.

For example: in XMM7 one of the Custom tab fields was Revenue. I renamed it Size and I put the size of the movie in there - such as DVD5, DVD9, or BluRay. So now in XMM8 the column showing the movie size has the title of Revenue. It makes no sense. There are four other fields that have the same problem now.

I have over 500 movies with that problem. Do I need to manually copy the data from one field and paste it into a new field on the Custom tab for each movie? If I do that will the fields be renamed in the next version of XMM and I will have to do it all over again?

I think I won't use XMM8 unless this can get fixed.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andersonjondarwin Posted - 19 Jan 2013 : 16:11:33
Thanks for the info. I saw that option when the window first popped up to convert the database. However, I could not figure out at all what it was saying.

So I deleted the converted database and tried it again - this time checking that option - and it worked fine.
yan00s Posted - 18 Jan 2013 : 11:40:35
quote:
Originally posted by andersonjondarwin

In XMM8 those fields did not import the right way. The ones that I was using are now permanently named with a field name that has nothing to do with the data I stored in that field.

There's an option when you import your XMM7 database into XMM8 to copy existing custom field values into the new custom fields. Would that help with your issue?

If you need this on a per field basis Ale may have to add a mapping option for every custom field.

An alternative way would be to apply changes in Access.
apd Posted - 18 Jan 2013 : 07:39:39
I've done this "mistake" in the past and that' why I always wanted the ability to move/copy values from field x to any field z. Alessio hasn't obliged me yet...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07