BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Repeated Actors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Josemi Posted - 31 Jan 2013 : 18:32:57
I just to saw It now, I've a lot of actors repeated. Why? How can I to erase them easily?

Josemi
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Michael Clarke Posted - 01 Feb 2013 : 00:54:05
Yes without a doubt this is the best way of dealing with actors with duplicate names but not the same actor. It took me a long time to sort all the WEBID's out for each actor but it is well worth it. I'm now done all directors and producers. Still got Editors, Writers, Musicians and Photographers to go. Sometimes you really have to google hard to find the picture of the person or indeed to sort out child actors from older films that have also gone on to become adult actors. I think some of the secret is to not trust IMDB too much as there are a lot of mistakes.
yan00s Posted - 31 Jan 2013 : 20:57:56
quote:
Originally posted by Josemi

I just to saw It now, I've a lot of actors repeated. Why? How can I to erase them easily?

Josemi

I think not all scripts catch WebIDs from IMDB and sometimes - due to changes on IMDB or the occasional lil' bug - it doesn't even work for scripts which should fetch the ID.

If you start to clean this up I'd recommend to check that they are indeed identical first. You know, there are quite a few Tom Smiths' out there http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Tom%20Smith&s=nm&exact=true&ref_=fn_nm_ex

In case you're experimenting with direct db manipulations as proposed by Michael I'd recommend to incorporate the WEB_ID field. And if you do this: keep in mind that you may have to clean up the photo directory manually too or you may end with a lot of unlinked people pictures.

BTW it seems IMDB has a few duplicate entries which refer to the same person too.
Michael Clarke Posted - 31 Jan 2013 : 19:16:33
There is a people duplicate name filter in XMM8 treeview, that works very well, but it does take it's time to check through 13,000 actors in my database
Another way I have found, is to delete them from the back end database file .mdb
First make a copy
Then open the database file with Microsoft Access
then click the people table. Arrange the "actors name" field into ascending order
Duplicates will be clustered together and easier to delete.
Once you get back to one entry for each actor, you could sort the films in which they star.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07