BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Unable to import any movie title

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigfoot123 Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 04:44:21
Have recently upgraded to 8 just did the latest update earlier today.
since updating have tried everything to add movies to my collection and the "magic" script engine just hangs and never imports anything.

I have removed every script except IMDB fastest and it still hangs. At least in 7 I could manually enter an IMDB link but you took that out of 8. I am really getting frustrated. I have almost 11,000 title in my collection and really do not want to go back Movie collector.

Please Help
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 09:07:09
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot123

Have recently upgraded to 8 just did the latest update earlier today.
since updating have tried everything to add movies to my collection and the "magic" script engine just hangs and never imports anything.

I have removed every script except IMDB fastest and it still hangs. At least in 7 I could manually enter an IMDB link but you took that out of 8. I am really getting frustrated. I have almost 11,000 title in my collection and really do not want to go back Movie collector.

Please Help

Don't think the scripts are the problem. IMDB and TMDB are quite recent and work well most of the time.

It's a bit hard to guess what's causing you trouble but here are a few shots in the dark / questions:

- You're sure that XMM 8 is not blocked by a firewall?

The next ones may be misleading but from your description it's kinda hard to guess.

- Have you imported your database from version 7 into version 8? Or are you trying to start from point blank?

- Did you import (any) (new) movie with the help of the device scanner?

- Which > Options are checked in the > Magic Script tab (especially for skipping results ... )?

- Is XMM set to update movies / people in the background (there's a checkbox on the > Magic Script tab in > Options; I prefer to leave it unchecked ... nevertheless XMM is triggered to activate it by itself at times)? XMM should complain if another import is already running but maybe there's something already in the queue. Which brings me to the next question:

- What's the > Queue tab of the > Magic Sript Window saying during the update?

All in all: XMM8 is a beast not perfectly tamed yet but in most cases it already knows the drill quite well and it can do / will do more than its predecessor. At least that's my experience / hope. But maybe I'm of a more adventurous nature.
apd Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 07:59:30
Just install the latest 7 version of XMM. It is still too early for v.8, it needs a lot of work before it is really usable.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07