BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Rebuild Thumbnails Function

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yan00s Posted - 13 Mar 2013 : 22:33:31
In addition to other reported issues I've noticed that

• Rebuild thumbnails does only work on covers - artists (... _photo directory) won't get updated / rebuild; since XMM is trying to find artist thumbs during browsing this is not just a missing feature but a bug - in my opinion.

• When rebuilding thumbs with the supplied function it seems like XMM is doing this record by record / image by image; that's painfully slow and I wonder if it wouldn't be much faster to generate the cover list and then process the images in batchmode and in background?
    BTW Irfan Views way to occupy the mouse cursor to show its busy state is annoying because it ignores the window state (it's running in the background but still sets the cursor to busy continously).

• (Not a bug): would it be much of an effort (once programming XMM resumes) to implement a configuration setting which deactivates thumbnails? I mean, not just by manually clearing the respective folder but by also supressing related search operations (looking for thumb files) during browsing?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 18 Mar 2013 : 09:28:50
Yes, that's what I mean.
yan00s Posted - 17 Mar 2013 : 22:59:14
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

You can disable the thumbnails in the options. As I have done so I can't say more to that.

You mean "Show artist thumbnail photos" in the Details Panel tab, right?
JDommi Posted - 14 Mar 2013 : 07:28:36
You can disable the thumbnails in the options. As I have done so I can't say more to that.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07