BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Link to Actors with '

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HissingSid Posted - 23 Mar 2013 : 11:14:51
I'm currently running version 8. If I click on the link to an actor with an apostrophe in their name such as O'Niell or D'arcy I get a file tree view come up in the card rather than the actor's details.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 25 Mar 2013 : 15:43:43
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

wouldn't it be this instead?
Replace(_MOVIE_ACTORS_NAME_,"'","''")

Well, the snippet I posted works for me. My mentioning of vbscript meant "using it for this special use case directly in the html template" - for encoding quotes in vbscript in general you're probably right.
Odin Posted - 25 Mar 2013 : 02:16:17
wouldn't it be this instead?
Replace(_MOVIE_ACTORS_NAME_,"'","''")
yan00s Posted - 23 Mar 2013 : 18:49:05
quote:
Originally posted by HissingSid

I'm currently running version 8. If I click on the link to an actor with an apostrophe in their name such as O'Niell or D'arcy I get a file tree view come up in the card rather than the actor's details.

Oops. Indeed the single quotes would need escaping or else the window.external - call will fail.

With vbscript it would be something like this:

escName = Replace(_MOVIE_ACTORS_NAME_,"'", "\'")

All occurences of person links in all cards need treatment - quite an effort... ...maybe, if the cards have to get changed anyway, the call to artist cards could get simplified just using the id (so the update would be easier - just remove the second part of the window external call for person links). There's no obvious reason to add the name there anyway or is there?

Update: If there will be a change for the window.external call for person entries the opportunity could be used to remove redundant call syntax - something like window.external.COLLECTION_PERSON should do the trick or is it possible to create different cards for directors (crew members) and actors (cast members)? I couldn't find anything in the current documentation about it ...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07