BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Add TV Shows Issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nehickel Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 02:07:18
This is either a BUG or I'm doing something completely wrong. First, I'm trying to import episodes from different series into both existing Series records as well as wanting new Series records created using the Episodes being imported. All Episode records use the format Series Name,S01E01, Episode Name and where the S01 is Season 1 and E01 is Episode 1.

I have included the directories where each series is into the Options area for TV Show folders. Using the Device Scanner, all new episodes are correctly identified, however, the Title field for all episodes is blank. I've tried filling them in with the correct Series names but with or without the names, the results are the same.

After pushing the Import button, I find that some episodes become there own TV Series. The records for each Series is titled (When We Left Earth,S01E01,Project Gemini) while the next TV Series is (When We Left Earth,S01E02,Project Mercury) Both of those should have been listed under one TV Series called "When We Left Earth"... and In addition, there is now a TV Series titled 'Unknown'. If you go into the Add/Edit TV Show window and select the Episode tab, you see the Episode name of that's name is blank.

When you click into that Episode, and look at the Files tab you see nearly all of the episodes I tried to have imported and all with different series names, series numbers, episode numbers and episode names.

Its as if the Importer took some episodes and made them into series and others it created a bucket call unknown, created and blank named episode and then through the rest of the episodes into its Files tab.

At any rate, I have no idea what's going on or how to remedy the situation. And as I said at the beginning, I don't even know if this is a bug or an Operator error. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Norm
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nehickel Posted - 06 Apr 2013 : 21:58:02
T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! !

That's what I had forgotten. I had set that up in version 7 and it automagically got carried over to version 8 but when my system disk got fried, I lost everything including my own memory of how to set up episode importing. So that you for your help....

Later,
Norm
mj3310 Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 12:16:03
You just need to set up the filename mask for importing:-

1. Scan your tv folders as you are already doing and you get something like this:-

2. Now select/highlight all the episodes using Ctrl + left mouse so they are all highlighted then right click and choose "Extract Title, Season, Number from Title" as shown below:-

3. Set your filename mask to suit your set up:-

Try <SERIE>,S<SEASON>E<NUMBER>,<TITLE> for your set up ..... any spaces in the filename must be in the filename mask as well

Press save ... then OK and close ..... then import the episodes ... I do this every time I add TV episodes just to be sure ;)

Hope this helps :)
nehickel Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 02:13:55
I should also add that the files have a physical format of

R:\VIDEO_Television\When We Left Earth\When We Left Earth,S01E01,Project Mercury.wmv

Thanks,
Norm

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07