BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Just a little feedback :o)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FlashLight Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 19:01:55
Hey guys :)

i've come across this software four times: v6 & v7, where the ui has quenched me, and two times in v8. the last time i dig into xmm8 for hours. i created ten times the same movie (test movie: die tribute von panem/the hunger games, 4006680061672) with different scripts to decide, which script gives the most interisting information for me. than i created a chain for this scripts - but it is not working as expected - as some other features in v8 too.

quote:
------------------------------------------------
eXtreme Movie Manager
MagicScript Technology - Chain
@ 2001-2011 BinaryWorks.it
------------------------------------------------
#MADEBY#=
#DATEBUILD#=
#WEBSITE#=
#NOTES#=
#STARTCHAIN#
AMAZON.DE(full).txt#0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§
THEMOVIEDB.ORG(API3)_for_Rel_8.txt#1§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§
OFDB.DE.txt#0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§
DVD-PALACE.DE.txt#0§0§0§0§1§1§1§1§0§1§0§1§0§1§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§
IMDB.COM (Fastest).txt#0§0§1§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§1§0§0§1§1§1§1§1§0§0§0§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§1§1§1§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§0§
#ENDCHAIN#

first my script-problem. my chain definition is above. my problem: editor (as others) should be taken from IMDB_COM_FASTEST. but the field stays empty. if i use ONLY the IMDB_COM_FASTEST script, actors & co are filled in correctly. same for IMDB-Link, AKAS, ReleaseDate, Revenue & Budget (but different scripts, tmdbv3...). They all are checked (if possible) but stay empty. if use the single-script outside of the chain the fields will be filled. also, from time to time some fields (f.e. Package [DVDPalace]) stay empty - and in the next attempt the field is filled correctly - without touching the script-chain.

now a list of some of the points i came across or that i am missing...

bugs

• focus-prder in script-chain window

• the script-chain description will be cut off after a linebreak - but the dialog alows multiple linebreaks

• if a dialog is already open, pressing the button again should bring the open dialog to front - but it did not (script-chain, movie details)

• many columns are missing in the script-column-view: Trailer, IMDB-Link, Medium, References, Revenue, AKAS, cutter, custom 7 and higher, ...

• in script-chain-window for script selection you can select multiple scripts at once, but they will all merged into one unusable entry

script-errors (script returned absolutly nothing)

• IMDB_DE_BETA

• KINO_DE

• OFDB_CHAIN

improvements/suggestions

• activate/deactive all columns of single script with a single click (checkbox at first place named 'all', like selecting all and press space)

• script-testing: give a single movie-title and select multiple scripts at once - for every script a single database entry should be created, pre- or suffixed with the scriptname. this would make it easy to compare scripts and find the best scripts for an individual person

• an table/details view for an movie. a table with two columns, left name and right value, ignoring all other datatypes except of strings/ints. this would make it easier to identify columns that a single script is missing

• in the edit-movie-dialog provide a keyboard-navigation: ALT + LEFT/RIGHT/TOP/DOWN = Next/Previous/First/Last Tab; CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT/TOP/DOWN = Next/Previous/First/Last Movie

• the column-names in the movie-edit-dialog are not the same as in the script-dialogs - not only in my native language, but in english too. it may be an option to press and hold F2 (f.e.) and then display the real-column-names in the movie-edit-dialog

• the columns in the script-view should be sortable

• open selected cover from cover-manager in 100%/scaled view

• select and delete multiple items in cover-manager

• disable confirmation for deleting covers in cover-manager temporarly

• in script-select-window, multiple scripts can be selected, but only the first is removed if i click remove

• option to reset script-settings to initial/default values

• make the regions in script-chain-window and some others sizeable (multiple split-container?)

• i would like to see image-preview (tooltip) in the confirmation-window of the script engine, so i can decide which cover to use

• provide tutorials!!!

• provide sample-chains!!!

• if a textfield is not empty, change the background or bordercolor to lightgray or so. that way you can see if a field is empty or not even if the field-content starts with multiple linebreaks

two last things: xmm v8 has crashed in my test-phase more then ten times - at different points and WITHOUT me clicking or pressing a key or something else - most times i was browsing with firefox waiting for xmm-script-engine to finish. what happened? the flash-player plugin crashed with an out-of-memory-error. i did not see any flash content in xmm - but after i closed the messagebox (either 'next' or 'close all') xmm crashed. you may strip off object/embeded (may be script too?) tags from the content OR disable the plugins for the hosted web-browser. oh - and i have enough memory (16gb), more than an 32bit process can address :) it also crashed two-times while switching the tab in the movie-edit-view.

the last thing: since i came across this software multiple times i need to say that i uninstalled v6 and v7 nearly immediately since it was too complex for me. but v8 has, in my eyes, a very attractive ui - thats the reason why i choose to dig into it. i hope you continue/improve v8, then i will buy it for sure!

greetz,
mic
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FlashLight Posted - 18 Apr 2013 : 16:38:25
ten days - and not a single comment. this is really disappointing.
you take money for your software - and let the customers and possible customers out in nowhere.

thanks - but no thanks :(

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07