BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Language Field is not updating?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JustME Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 16:05:10
I use 7 still but I do open the database in 8 if I can't do something in 7.
It doesn't matter what version I use, I can't get the language field to update or the original language field to update (different between versions ?)
I do a sort on this field and I have multiple movies that have this blank so I have to manually go in and check each movie.
Is this field filled from the codec read of the file or from the IMDB script I use?
I have tried multiple scripts and only see a field to get the original language and not the language.....any ideas how to populate this field without doing it manually?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 28 Apr 2013 : 14:49:57
quote:
Originally posted by Mawu

quote:
Can you think of an easy way to add a custom value to an audio track? Since audio stream info lives in it's own table (with no custom fields) how would you add audio stream related notes?

I would suggest to put the info (e.g. "commentary", "soundtrack")into the "media language" field - that's the way it is handled in other movie managers, too. There is also the possibility to use the "features" field in the DVD/VHS tab to "tag" the movie with the corresponding info.

Your first suggestion could have a negative impact when you try to filter movies by media language. But I like the second one - this should do.

Another dirty hack which came to my mind: adding a field to the AudioLinks table manually. Currently, XMM8 shows this table with all fields in the Audio tab so one could enter / read additional "private" fields. Since XMM does not know about it there would be another hack needed to display the info in cards.

PS: Seems likte it's (still) not a good idea to try things in XMM - just noted that Codec reading for MKVs will ignore every other audio track but the first. Sigh.
Mawu Posted - 28 Apr 2013 : 13:49:13
quote:
Can you think of an easy way to add a custom value to an audio track? Since audio stream info lives in it's own table (with no custom fields) how would you add audio stream related notes?

I would suggest to put the info (e.g. "commentary", "soundtrack")into the "media language" field - that's the way it is handled in other movie managers, too. There is also the possibility to use the "features" field in the DVD/VHS tab to "tag" the movie with the corresponding info.
yan00s Posted - 28 Apr 2013 : 13:05:35
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Oops, sorry!
Who can read has the advantage
I totally misunderstood...

No harm done.
JDommi Posted - 28 Apr 2013 : 12:20:58
Oops, sorry!
Who can read has the advantage
I totally misunderstood...
yan00s Posted - 28 Apr 2013 : 12:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

XMM8 has enough free Custom fields since the IMDB related fields have there own ones. So that will not be a problem.

JDommi Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 23:28:04
XMM8 has enough free Custom fields since the IMDB related fields have there own ones. So that will not be a problem.
yan00s Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 22:59:46
quote:
Originally posted by apd

If you rip an mkv with alternate streams, usually there's only the language "tag" - how can we denote in XMM that this stream is commentary?

By manually adding this info to a field which we don't have.

Our XMM db needs to provide us with a field where we can store this info and out XMM gui should expose it to us so we can enter something. If there would be such a field it surely wouldn't cost much to add the information MediaInfo reads from a file to the db. Technically it's the same like the language description. If it exists, it just would get added.
apd Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 22:31:28
If you rip an mkv with alternate streams, usually there's only the language "tag" - how can we denote in XMM that this stream is commentary?
yan00s Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 22:25:40
quote:
Originally posted by apd

Hey, Yanoos, the word "lost" may be misleading to new users ...

I don't think so (JustMe is no new user anyway): there is no OOB (out-of-the-box) way to keep a v.7 and v.8 database in sync.

quote:
Originally posted by apd
Now, a question: what about files containing commentary?

Since there is no XMM field for the "title" info of audio streams (like: "Commentary") you will only get basic information of the stream itself. The major problem here is not XMM but the way how files are created *without* your control ... I was told that there are a few people out there relying on files not considered to be (legal) backups.
apd Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 20:29:35
Hey, Yanoos, the word "lost" may be misleading to new users - perhaps its best to say that after conversion there are two separate dbases for XMM7 and 8, and that XMM7 can't see the changes made in the newer (8) database but can still work with its own db.

Now, a question: what about files containing commentary?
yan00s Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 16:48:34
From a high level perspective this should not work: using one database with version 7 *AND* version 8. Once a database got converted to 8 it's lost for 7.

A short summary on how language seems to be working in 8:

If - and only if - the file provides the information, language will be extracted during codec reading as <MediaLanguage> and stored with other audio related information on a per audio track basis (in a separate table) for movies. If this does not happen, you can set it manually for each audio track found. (Remember, 8 does not support adding audio tracks manually.)

Then, there's that field <OriginalLanguage> (in the movies table) which should record the tongue(s) spoken - well - in the original version. You've seen that it will usually get populated by a MagicScript import.

Also, there's a field <Subtitles> available, from a database point of view relating to the movie (not the audio).

For episodes it's done differently: there's no language available (and audio codec information is stored in the episodes table directly). So you only have the OriginalLanguage "master" field of the main show entry.

PS: Just in case you think this somehow seems to be a bit messy you're probably right. And I didn't even dare to mention how things are designed for files and video codec information ...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07