BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Program Settings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ronbug4444 Posted - 13 May 2013 : 15:43:01
Why can't this program remember it's settings? Every time the scripts update I have to go through each one and set the options the way that I had them. Also the "update movies/people automatically in the background" box gets checked every time there is an update. I've tried doing just the update and full install. Both ways reset all the options to default. I never had to do this with EMM7.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 13 May 2013 : 16:42:11
quote:
Originally posted by ronbug4444

Why can't this program remember it's settings? Every time the scripts update I have to go through each one and set the options the way that I had them. Also the "update movies/people automatically in the background" box gets checked every time there is an update. I've tried doing just the update and full install. Both ways reset all the options to default. I never had to do this with EMM7.

You're absolutely right that there's still some way to go when it comes to persistent settings. But two buts here:

(1) With version 8 came more options to control script behaviour (-> Script Manager -> Fields tab) which were not previously available (and which are kept between updates).

(2) Version 7 behaves just like 8 regarding script options set within the script. It won't remember settings between script updates - at least not for the imdb scripts I tested this with right now. So in my humble opinion there's no bug here but a (heaviliy) missed feature.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07