BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 EMM will not select the IMDB Link and continue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JustME Posted - 20 May 2013 : 19:10:00
After manually populating every field I could think of and deleting the ini file and reinstalling EMM, I still can't get EMM to take the IMDB link for the movie automatically.
I have only ONE IMDB link, it is correct and I am NOT going to manually select each movie.
Any ideas how to make this work correctly like it did in version 7?
or is anyone interested in updating the version 7 scripts and I will keep using it?
I have already imported over 4000 movies into a new database to try to get version 8 to work and IMHO it is a step back from version 7

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 23 May 2013 : 15:48:02
Mine is easy so won't need to send. I created the nfo file using EMM and IMDB basic info. Doesn't use the data. The format is the one created within the software.
JustME Posted - 22 May 2013 : 19:14:18
The Nfo file is named snitch.nfo and it is in a folder named Snitch. The only other thing in that folder is the movie Snitch.mkv and a shortcut to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0882977/
Inside the NFO file is only one line
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0882977/
Just thinking about this..the nfo file and a shortcut in that folder both point to the same link...is it possible that EMM can't understand that there are two links to the same internet location and then can't import it?
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 May 2013 : 08:48:03
Can you paste here the NFO file that contain the IMDB link? Maybe is in a format that XMM doesn't detect.

Ale
JustME Posted - 21 May 2013 : 18:06:55
Downloaded the latest version of EMM and the updated IMDB script. Installed script and EMM and restarted EMM.
Ran device scanner with the option checked to take IMDB link from nfo and it never populated any field that I could see?
Of course when I ran the script it didn't take the first correct link so it couldn't automatically take it.
on the web page I tried to copy in the link and in the first field under the web tab I pasted in the imdb link.
I tried pasting it into the direct link field too but it doesn't retain that value for some reason.
Regardless it still doesn't automatically take the first link and continue so I would have to select manually.
In conclusion
It does NOT copy in the IMDB link from the device scanner and it does NOT take the first link.
So no improvement.
Sorry
JustME Posted - 21 May 2013 : 17:05:20
I will try later today. I am running this remotely as I am away from home and my timing isn't the best to start and stop EMM :-(
As soon as I can stop the script engine from running (restarting EMM seems to be the only way to do it) I will see if I can get the updated version and try it.
Thanks!
Alessio Viti Posted - 21 May 2013 : 16:56:35
But the IMDB Link works? I mean, you have to select manually the movie or this is OK now?

Thank you,

Ale
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 21 May 2013 : 16:13:38
Doesn't work. Scripts downloaded and processed. Information not there. Release dates and budget and IMDB Top 250 but the rest are not stored. You can watch the script say it's getting goofs and the rest but they are stored to the database like these are protected fields.
Alessio Viti Posted - 21 May 2013 : 08:47:56
OK, should be fixed. Please download the latest scripts and let me know.

Remember that the IMDB Link field must contain the IMDB Directlink, not the CUSTOM8 field like in XMM 7

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 21 May 2013 : 08:24:50
Hello Guys,

I will focus my work on the IMDB Link problem. I think its related to script, I will let you know.

Ale
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 20 May 2013 : 19:46:53
I would have to agree with you. 7 appears to be more stable. The new features in 8 are ok but a good example would selecting the movies in 7 where you can see the cover photo and make sure you have the correct one considering there are enough titles that have been used a couple of times.

I created nfo files using 8 then created a new database and it didn't work. Didn't get the IMDB info.

I had the same problem as you with the links. It's a little to risky to say take if only one direct link. A good example that happened to me. I was searching Blade and it took Cutting Edge which I haven't figured out why.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07