BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Bugs I found

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saphir Posted - 28 Jul 2013 : 12:25:54
In this Thread I will write the Bugs I found.

1: Movie Editor: on "Details 2" "Release Date" is not updating by IMDb
2: Movie Editor: in "Audio" the dropdown menue in "Add Audio Stream" doesn't work
3: Movie Editor: in "Audio" in "language" and "Subtitles" it is needed to make 2 clicks to select something
4: Movie Editor: in "Video" the "Media Language" can be removed (is to find under "Audio" too)
5: Movie Editor: in "Audio" if I add a new Audio Stream there will be deleted different entries in the row above. I think it's allways the last edited entrie.
6: Movie Editor: under "Video" the field "FPS" eill allow only full no. like 23 instead of the correct 23,976 ",976" will be deleted again
7: Movie Editor: under "Video" the field "Media Label" can be removed (is to find under "Disk" too)
8: Movie Editor: under "Video" the field "Disc" can be removed (is to find under "Disk" too)
9: Boxset: in "Personal" under "Condition" the dropdown doesn't work and the field will be deleted after saving
10: Import from the web: in XMM 7 it was possible to get in a little window the website from the link I choosed to import. That was really needed because from the name of the link only it's not impossible to choose the right movie. Now this option is gone and with importing the wrong link everything is messed up -> I found the softkey which opens the webside in my browser
11: Movie/TV Show Editor: under "Disk" it's only possible to add 1 Disk! -> since version 8.0.7.1 I can't add any disk!!! -> I can add 1 Disk again???
12: Import from web: The script "THETVDB.COM" is missing -> now the script was there?
13: Movie/TV Show Editor: under "Personal" "Condition" the dropdown doesn't work
14: Movie Editor: under "Video" after adding a movie file the field "BitRate" is empty
15: Movie Editor: under "Video" after adding a movie file the field "Screen Ratio" will be emptied
16: Boxset Editor: a field "Edition" is missing
17: Movie Editor: the card "DVD/VHS" should be named "medium" because there are more than DVD and VHS
18: Movie Editor: under "DVD/VHS" the field "Video DVD" should be deleted because nobody knows for what it is
19: Movie Editor: under "Audio" if I select a few languages and have than to add a new one in the edit window, the selected languages wil be unmarked
20: Movie Editor: under "Main" the field "Media" will be changed if I read a file in
21: Movie Editor: under "Audio" The Audio Bit Rate is compare to XMM 7 not full read in (There is written "unknown / 1509 Kbps")
22: Movie Editor: under "Audio" "Audio Codec" is not recognized (the wrong informations are put inside), therefore it can be removed.
23: Movie Editor: under "Audio" "Audio Format" is written into "Audio Codec"
24: TV Shows: in the episodes the automatic changing of the "Air Date" from 2009-03-29 to 29.03.2009 doesn't work
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saphir Posted - 03 Aug 2013 : 16:30:42
17: no I don't want to have my own ini file, I have to much to do with correcting all the moves and with other things of my life. I don't want to do thinks in the time I don't have I Think they should be done in the program.
yan00s Posted - 03 Aug 2013 : 11:30:39
quote:
Originally posted by Saphir

11: ähhhm how on earth did you find this out?
17: yes I can but with every new update from the language file I have to do it new and if we are talking about something and I have different names you don't know from what I'm talking. No, I think it should be changed for every one.

(11) ... It was obvious. Just wrote it down.

(17) ... You can create your very own language file (a copy of the original one's a good starting point). From time to time you may have to check for changes (added entries in the original) but it's not such a big problem. Once I proposed an improved (from my p.o.v.) English language ini but it didn't get much attention (none from the Boss) ... http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10869
Saphir Posted - 02 Aug 2013 : 21:27:47
11: ähhhm how on earth did you find this out?
17: yes I can but with every new update from the language file I have to do it new and if we are talking about something and I have different names you don't know from what I'm talking. No, I think it should be changed for every one.
18: Ähhh yes?
yan00s Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 22:34:41
quote:

11: Movie/TV Show Editor: under "Disk" it's only possible to add 1 Disk!
17: Movie Editor: the card "DVD/VHS" should be named "medium" because there are more than DVD and VHS
18: Movie Editor: under "DVD/VHS" the field "Video DVD" should be deleted because nobody knows for what it is

[11] There's a dirty trick to add more than one disc: -> Add new movie manually (don't enter anything) -> go to discs -> add a new disc -> remove the filter in the disc grid + add movie id column (column chooser) -> set the movie id of the newly added disc to the one of your movies you want a second (third etc) disc ... the disc grid is in edit mode so this works -> cancel adding the new movie

It's a long way to go though and I suppose one must be really in need to do it that way. It should be easy to fix...

[17] You can create your own translation if you like ... it's entry # 0058 in the language.ini file

[18] "Dettagli sul codec Video del DVD?" says Ale Question mark included.
Saphir Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 21:23:26
quote:
[I've to admit that I'm a little bit frustrated at the moment.

Yeahh I'm too. I controlled and changed now a few movies and TVshows but it's a lot of time I need to get it right and what I don't have at the moment is time!
If you start with a new database XMM 8 can be used with his bugs but if you have allready spend a lot of work in a XMM 7 database...
Mawu Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 20:47:42
quote:
By the way can you add more than 1 Disk?

Of course not.

I've to admit that I'm a little bit frustrated at the moment.
Saphir Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 17:32:39
OK, I'm for deleting!

By the way can you add more than 1 Disk?
Mawu Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 16:30:51
quote:
I thought in this field should be written DVD9, BD50 usw.

This is already covered by "media" field and "Dual layer" checkbox.

quote:
If you have a better word please write it down I will change it than.

My suggestion: this field should be deleted without replacement. Nobody ever could explain what this field is for (even Alessio can't).

Bye byte
Mawu
Saphir Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 15:48:42
"Medium Art" in german. I didn't find a word which I found really good. I thought in this field should be written DVD9, BD50 usw. The word "DVD" irritates me and is not correct because there are different kind of media typs. If you have a better word please write it down I will change it than.
Mawu Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 13:28:53
quote:
18: Movie Editor: under "DVD/VHS" the field "Video DVD" should be named "medium style"

What's "medium style"?

yan00s Posted - 28 Jul 2013 : 22:39:07
quote:

6: ähm I did try a dod but I also have than only the 23?

Yeah. It's more f**ed up than I wrote before.

XMM only keeps the dot to comma converted value until it saves the database. After that it's gone again. Ale must have gotten something wrong here with converting the values back and forth. The only persisting way seems to add the value directly to the db - then it's shown. With a dot. Or a comma. Whatever you've choosen. But it's a text field anyway so the db doesn't care. Only this display (non-)logic ...
Saphir Posted - 28 Jul 2013 : 21:59:06
@ yan00s

YEEEES I love this lists They will help me to get in an easy way an overview of the things I found / have questions about

2: yes but in the added Stream you can write things in the fields or use the dropdown menue. The dropdown is not by adding the Stream it's in the fields.

3: hmmm is the only progran which need 2 clicks that's irritating but not a big thing.

6: ähm I did try a dod but I also have than only the 23?
yan00s Posted - 28 Jul 2013 : 17:46:34
quote:

You love lists, don't you?
quote:
2: Movie Editor: in "Audio" the dropdown menue in "Add Audio Stream" doesn't work

Don't understand. "Add Audio Stream" is a button which will add a new stream row you then can fill by hand. Or do you mean something else?
quote:
3: Movie Editor: in "Audio" in "language" and "Subtitles" it is needed to make 2 clicks to select something

This goes for all list based multi-select boxes (for instance Genre / Subgenre) ... my guess is that's just how it works when you (as a programmer with DevExpress at your finger tips) have a table with a list of values you want to make available as multi selectable items.
quote:
5: Movie Editor: in "Audio" if I add a new Audio Stream there will be deleted different entries in the row above. I think it's allways the last edited entrie.

The whole audio tab works kind of random. At times it does what you expect it to and at times it will just not. I haven't found a pattern for it though.
quote:
6: Movie Editor: under "Video" the field "FPS" eill allow only full no. like 23 instead of the correct 23,976 ",976" will be deleted again

Well, XMM tries to be clever here. What's happening is that Ale has some logic for field validation in place which will convert values read by MediaInfo into a Continental European Notation, means: MediaInfo provides values as "23.976" and XMM than will replace the dot by a comma so things look nicer. The field itself is a text field but the magic is on top. While we will see commas we can't enter them. So, if you manually want to add values with a comma you'll have to use a dot instead. Even more clever that our proggy, aren't we?

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07