BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Error in Covers Manager, when title contains &

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 18:09:18
Hi, I have a few titles with "&" in the movie title. When you open Covers Manager and try to add a cover to this movie, it goes wrong, when writing the file name of the image in the access database, and the result is no cover displayed in XMM. Thats because there is a mismatch between the actual saved image file name and the file name written in the database.

I don't know if other characters than "&" give any problems. As a side note I can say, that this isn't a problem in XMM 7.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 10 Aug 2013 : 11:20:34
Self healing software. We need more of that. :)

If it's working now you're in luck. Next time it does not you could check if there's yet another character which could cause trouble. You never know...
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 10 Aug 2013 : 00:54:11
Hmm, that's strange - it happened on an existing movie with 3 covers in the database and I used the "Delete All Covers" button and then I choose the new cover file,
but when I try it now, it seems to work OK. It also works correct with a new movie containing "&" in the movie name and the cover placed in a file folder name containing "&".

It still comes with an error message "ERROR DETECED ON COPY FILE", but the cover file naming is correct now:

"Selected File : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Test & Test\2.jpg
Loading Image to Control : C:\Users\Per\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\images\2201308100326599.jpg
Saving Image to Disk...
Chosen Title: 5050-Test---Test
Covers Directory: C:\Users\Per\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\Databases\Per'sFilm_cover\
ERROR DETECED ON COPY FILE:
Name Converted: 5050-Test---Test.jpg
Cover Type: 1
Name of file saved on DB : 5050-Test---Test.jpg
Some Configuration Info
-----------------------
Covers Path: C:\Users\Per\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\Databases\Per'sFilm_cover\
IrfanView Path: C:\Users\Per\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\configuration\Irfanview.exe
Temp Dir: C:\Users\Per\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\images\
Current database: C:\Users\Per\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\Databases\Per'sFilm.mdb"
yan00s Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 21:47:26
I think Ale will have to check what he's letting XMM do in the background there. Some wrong character escaping I suppose. Do you get a dedicated error message on saving? Maybe you could add a screenshot or such.

Personally, I didn't notice this but then I've my own cover naming style and saving mechanism anyway. ;)

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07