BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Help with CUT & PASTE in Edit Window

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nehickel Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 03:37:24
I don't believe this is a bug as much as a user problem but since I don't know where else to put this issue I'll drop it here.

For several versions now I've been unable to Cut information from web sites and Paste it into the EDIT windows of XMM. I am able paste into other programs without any troubles. I have Windows 7 Pro and I've tried the Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V as well as doing the Right mouse Copy and Paste methods without luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or guesses of things I could try? I'd greatly appreciate any help in this matter

Thanks,
Norm
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nehickel Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 23:16:16
Found the problem... I had changed my security program to one called WebRoot, which when disabled caused everything to work correctly. Still don't understand how it screwed things up but at least now I know what is causing the trouble.

Thanks,
Norm
yan00s Posted - 30 Nov 2013 : 14:20:35
That's weird. Especially since it seems hard to reproduce except on your machine, Norm. It could be everything from some clipboard monitoring application which may run in the background or maybe a too cautious anti virus proggy to some configuration issue. If you just open a web browser and xmm, what other processes are running by default (have look in task manager) ... we might get a clue from this.
nehickel Posted - 28 Nov 2013 : 08:21:20
tried Google Chrome web browser and again the same effect. Specifically, after fresh system reboot, I can CUT & PASTE within XMM's EDIT Window's Detail tab (Just moving text around from one field to another). I can even CUT data from Microsoft Windows (7 Pro) Notepad.exe program and PASTE it back in to XMM with no issues. But when I use a web browser just once, CUT & PASTE within XMM stops working.
Besides trying another Web Browser, I reinstalled .NET 4.0 and installed .NET 4.5.1 Both applications were the 64 Bit Versions.

I noticed there is a DEBUG switch within the Option area. I tried turning it on to see if there were any way to see why the Right-click popup Menu in the EDIT Window shows the Paste command as clickable but nothing in the buffer exists. I know the browser can Paste content into notepad.exe and other apps ok. I've also search the Internet for solutions but this appears to be highly unique.

Thanks,
Norm
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Nov 2013 : 09:17:31
Thank you for the info, I will try it.
nehickel Posted - 27 Nov 2013 : 03:25:20
ANSWER FOUND... KIND OF...

It seems that Internet Explorer 11.0.9600... is causing the problem with CUT & PASTE inside of XMM. Not sure why, however once Internet Explorer has been run, XMM can't even CUT & PASTE its own data within its own EDIT text boxes. But if IE has never been run, CUT & PASTE within XMM works correctly all the time. It could have something to do with the buffer lock or the characters within the buffer once IE loads something into it. Guess I'll have to try other browsers to see if they to have issues.

Thanks,
Norm
nehickel Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 22:21:29
Alessio

I have one last question I hope you'll be able to think about. When I CUT the content I know it gets placed into the PASTE Buffer and that XMM knows there is content within the PASTE buffer because doing the Right Mouse click bring up XMM's CUT/PASTE popup menu and the PASTE command is Clickable. Is there any chance that the content within the PASTE buffer is not compatible with XMM and therefore it won't PASTE it???

Thanks,
Norm
nehickel Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 22:12:00
Thank you Alessio. The problem must be on my end as I suspected. I'll keep searching.

Thanks,
Norm
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 08:19:08
Hello Norm,

I have try just now and seem to work. I have copy some text from IMDB and paste to Comments field.

Please let me know.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07