BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Covers have stopped downloading

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grun Posted - 06 Dec 2013 : 20:28:45
Hi,

since yesterday xmm has stopped downloading covers when I'm adding new movies. Till yesterday everything worked correctly. The script is IMDB (fastest) which I haven't changed. Is this a known problem or is there anything I can alter or check? The OS is Win7 x64.

Thx in advance.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bildur1 Posted - 31 Dec 2013 : 18:14:56
I have gotten the program to work successfully. Nearly 7000 movies have updated and appear to be all connected with the proper links/information. I do have one question that I have not found a solution to yet on the forums.

When ever trying to update a movie that shows no cover, the script always starts with "The A[]" and runs for 10 minutes trying to link this. I have went thru all the movies and finally deleted the three movies that started with The A... I also went into movie file manager and deleted these same three, as well as going to the grid and deleting the cover movie and the files using the right click links but the problem still exists. Is there a way to refresh the database or something to prevent this from continuing?
bildur1 Posted - 31 Dec 2013 : 03:52:20
I am having the worst time trying to figure out what is wrong. I have went as far as deleting my entire database and redoing a new one, but I have hundreds of movies and it is taking forever. Not to mention that I have sat here for two days clicking the appropriate link to each and every movie in 33 second intervals.

I am certain this is not how this program is supposed to be working.

I am running windows 8.1. I have tried multiple scripts..nothing

Keeps saying that its waiting for a kick start.
edwin4321 Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 02:48:18
cover images still not downloading with latest scripts tried movie db and imdb fastest
ivenholt Posted - 13 Dec 2013 : 08:20:36
covers are downloading but I am not getting country , genre , and rating.....
grun Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 16:16:25
Sorry, Alessio, but the new script still doesn't work here. Never mind, I can live with Barns' solution: clear the fields en reset the status, and then upgrade. Just upgrading without clearing the fields etc. does not work for me. The only thing I have to add manually is the catalog no.
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 15:24:16
Hello Guys,

I have upload the new imdb script few hours ago... please download it and let me know.

There was a bug

Ale
Barns Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 15:00:06
I'm finding it only works if I do each movie individually though. I've got another 36 to go :/ lol

I haven't checked the country since I'm also not really bothered by the country. I just want the cover, details, year and IMDB rating personally.
grun Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 12:31:45
I don't use the country column, sorry.
gilles Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 12:24:37
Still problems with "Country", and you?...
grun Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 11:39:42
That is a great advice, thx! And it works perfectly.
Barns Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 10:42:38
I did some further testing and some update properly if you "Clear all fields and reset import status" and then update as normal using the script. However, the year disappears from the top right box but that's easy to re-add.
grun Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 09:21:08
quote:
Originally posted by Barns

I'm still having a problem with covers. I use IMDB (Fastest) and all the covers either don't come up or come up black with fuzzy white bits in each corner. The actual jpg in the folder is tiny but gets blown up to fill the size of the cover.

Yes, exactly the same here. I was glad to see at first that Alessio picked up this item so fast, but now that I have tried it, I don't see any difference. Of course I am using the latest version of xmm and the script (imdb fastest).

[edit, after some testing]There may be some misunderstanding, my bad. I just found that covers are imported again, but only for movies that are imported new, for the first time. What I previously meant was that movies without covers (so the ones which have imported since last week) do not get their covers back when re-updating their entries. Does this mean that I have to delete all movies without covers (in my case, about 40) and import them again from scratch?
Barns Posted - 10 Dec 2013 : 03:26:39
I'm still having a problem with covers. I use IMDB (Fastest) and all the covers either don't come up or come up black with fuzzy white bits in each corner. The actual jpg in the folder is tiny but gets blown up to fill the size of the cover.

I would add a copy of the cover which every movie gets but I don't know HTML so don't know how to attach or insert an image.

I updated to the latest version this morning before trying again and still the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.
gilles Posted - 09 Dec 2013 : 19:28:39
Sorry Alessio but since you solved the problem of "Covers" now the same script "IMDB.COM (fastest).txt" doesn't give the "Countries" anymore :-(
Alessio Viti Posted - 09 Dec 2013 : 10:12:45
OK, I will try to check it again this morning.

Ale
grun Posted - 09 Dec 2013 : 10:05:57
Thx Ale, excellent service!
apd Posted - 08 Dec 2013 : 19:32:06
"Fastest" seems to work ok; "Complete" doesn't dld anything at all in 8.1.3.
gilles Posted - 08 Dec 2013 : 19:31:50
Thank you Alessio, you solved this problem in 27 Mn and 50 Secs :-)
It works perfectly for the covers.
But, quite often, we got two times the synopsis in the same field!?!
And, as French, I still have problems with characters in the titles :-(
Alessio Viti Posted - 08 Dec 2013 : 17:47:12
OK, fixed, please download the new script.

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 08 Dec 2013 : 17:19:22
You are right, I will try to fix it asap.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07