BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Column has to be redo after fresh installation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mon1y Posted - 08 Apr 2014 : 07:48:09
Why do I always have to redo the Column each time I did a fresh installation. Even though I did a database backup prior to the fresh instalation, the only column shown after the fresh installation are - MovieId, Movie/TVshow, Title, and PersonalRatingStar. All the rest I will have to input manually. Also the skin color changed. Please make it so that the setting doesn't change after a fresh installation. Thanks ahead.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 03 May 2014 : 07:08:35
Hello,

To backup all settings just copy the whole XMM folder, with all subfolders. That enough and you will preserve your configuration.

Ale
mon1y Posted - 24 Apr 2014 : 03:15:10
Ale, can you make it possible so that the Backup will actually backup everything. As it is I even have to redo the Skin color each time I clean/reformated my disk.
alsystems Posted - 23 Apr 2014 : 02:20:14
An Upgrade to EMM won't preserve:

(1) Column Settings (Field Name, Order & Width)
(2) Saved Advanced Filters
(3) Option Settings - I think

It would be nice to preserve all of these if possible. That would mean they would have to be saved as part of database or part of the cookie settings or some combination.
JDommi Posted - 22 Apr 2014 : 22:29:25
Backup database only means that the database is backuped! The program settings hasn't anything to do with.
The program settings are not part of the database. Although I mentioned the posibility to manage different settings for every database with this a long time ago. But that was then a minor suggestion and was forgotten.
mon1y Posted - 22 Apr 2014 : 21:10:59
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Yes, after every update we have to set the columns and their size manually back to the previously settings we have had.

*EDIT*
Old bug that was already reported.

If that is the case then what is the purpose of Backup Database if it doesn't restore everything as it is. Here is what I did: before I formated my operating system I backup my EMM. Afterward I reinstalled the program EMM but I still had to manually do all the header Column.
JDommi Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 10:18:43
Yes, after every update we have to set the columns and their size manually back to the previously settings we have had.

*EDIT*
Old bug that was already reported.
mon1y Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 03:59:08
Ale, just as my header say. After a fresh installation (meaning a fresh formated disk drive) I will have to manually reintalled the header Column. It is alright if you just do an update but not fresh installation on a new OS or new PC.
Alessio Viti Posted - 19 Apr 2014 : 07:25:55
Sorry guys, What do you mean exactly, after an UPDATE of XMM?

I will fix it.

Ale
JDommi Posted - 14 Apr 2014 : 09:09:14
No, but as long as Ale doesn't change this we can't do anything. It's long time requested.
Only other possibility would be to add it to my ASO utility. But you have to start it manually before and after every update.
mon1y Posted - 14 Apr 2014 : 06:37:22
Am I the only one who has this problem??

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07