BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 database won't load

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kreek001 Posted - 21 Sep 2014 : 18:53:16
Hi all,

I'm running the latest version of XMM and for some reason or another since yesterday XMM won't load my database anymore.
When I remove the .mdb-file XMM starts as normal (only without data of course) but when I copy the .mdb-file back and try to load it XMM hangs.

The .mdb-file opens normally in MS Access 2007 but whatever I do I can't get it to load in XMM anymore.

Since there's thousands of movies in there (26174 including shows) I hope someone can help me to get it working again. I've got registered versions of XMM as well as MS Access 2007 but I'm no expert in database-stuff. I hope someone who is can give me some tips.

Maybe it's the large amount of data it's trying to load, but I don't know how to get it smaller if I can't get it to load.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have uninstalled-reinstalled XMM several times.

Regards & thanks in advance,

kreek001
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kreek001 Posted - 25 Nov 2014 : 16:42:22
Hi, I've been busy for a while but finally had a chance to test importing without readingthe coddec. That works for all files. As soon as I enable it again, the AVC-encoded .flv-files kill the database.
JDommi Posted - 15 Oct 2014 : 19:50:53
Do you already have tried to not read the codec on reading with the device scanner but after all importing?
That will also shorten the time the device scanner runs.
Meanwhile I will send Ale a mail about this.
kreek001 Posted - 15 Oct 2014 : 17:42:46
I've tested it with some new videos and it looks like it's only with AVC-encoded .flv-files. I didn't encounter any problems with other formats. All those .flv-files had a very long movie-length like 77000 or even 120000 hours. Setting that value to 0 while importing solved my problem. First using device-scanner to import them and then try to adjust the length of the videos caused XMM to hang.
JDommi Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 21:20:00
Thank you for your solution!
Seems as if the media dll does not handle the file correctly. Do you know if it's only one file or all AVC-encoded files?
kreek001 Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 18:44:51
Update: I think I got it. It looks like a AVC-encoded file gives problems when imported via device-scanner. When I import the file manually it reads a movie-time which cannot be right. When I set this value to 0 the database stays intact. Took some time, but now it's working again. Thanks for your tips.
kreek001 Posted - 05 Oct 2014 : 11:47:45
Update: did a rollback of KB2977629 just to tick this off the list of possible causes, but I'm now sure it's something to do with the amount of entries somewhere in the database. XMM remains stable as long as I use the database with the few hundred entries deleted. As soon as I start importing new movies XMM hangs. I'll test further to see if I can pinpoint the cause more specifically.
JDommi Posted - 29 Sep 2014 : 07:34:08
Well, ieframe is part of the iexplorer. Try to rollback/remove this update patch and try it again.
For me the last two days I had problems with my pc, too. I couldn't reach any https side like google anymore. Strangest thing is that after updating my nvidia graphic card driver everything works ok again.
kreek001 Posted - 28 Sep 2014 : 10:48:37
Update: I'm starting to think I'm running into the limits of XMM. I've opened my database in Access and removed the last few hundred movies. Saved it as 2002/2003 format, deleted the original database in the Databases-map of XMM. Then I started XMM with the default db and opened my own. It loaded ok. I didn't lose a single item. Then I used device-scanner to re-import the deleted movies. The import went ok and I saved the database. Also backed it up. To make sure I clicked repair and compress and that killed XMM. Removed the database, started XMM again and opened the last WORKING backup -> XMM immediately hangs.

So it looks like it's not so much the database itself but more like a limit has been reached somewhere.

By the way: the problems started in the weekend I installed a batch of Microsoft updates and one of them, KB2977629, seems to build up quite a reputation for crashing applications. Seems to have something to do with ieframe.dll. Does anyone know if XMM uses this file by any chance?
kreek001 Posted - 24 Sep 2014 : 17:38:45
I've sent him an email. Maybe he can pinpoint the error.
JDommi Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 21:37:29
I think only Ale can "read" these debug messages. Please send it to him by email.
kreek001 Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 18:46:48
Hi, I've found the debug-mode and tried to open the database again.
The file errormessages.txt keeps mentioning "23-9-2014 18:34:07-438-Argument 'Expression' cannot be converted to type 'DBNull'....". Any ideas?
JDommi Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 17:51:37
Sure, as long as you save it as 2003-version and you don't change anything on the database structure.
Do you already have tried to reset XMM's layout to the default one?
The debug mode can be enabled in the settings -> General.
kreek001 Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 14:59:18
Hi,

No, the treeview actually disappears. As you said: the database looks fine since I can read everything in MS Access. I've completely removed and re-installed XMM again but still no luck.
Is it possible to adjust the database in Access and then import it back in XMM? I can delete some entries in people and movies to see if I reach a limit somewhere.

Regards,

kreek001
JDommi Posted - 21 Sep 2014 : 22:19:03
The Treeview disappears? Maybe it's only rolled to the left?
153 MB is definitively not too big.
If you want you can upload your .mdb to any server like mediafire or dropbox. Then I can check the database if it's a problem with it. Although I don't think that you db is corrupted when you can open it with Access.
kreek001 Posted - 21 Sep 2014 : 20:51:04
Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've opened a backup of the database in MS Access and saved it as compatible with Access 2003. Then I copied that file to the databases-map of XMM. The same happens as with the original: It starts loading the database, I see the list of movies, then the treeview on the left disappears and XMM hangs. I've got quite a lot of movies and actors in the database, but the .mdb file is just around 153 Mb. Can it still be it's too large? And I see some posts of debug-output. How can I enable that in XMM? Maybe that shows what's causing this.

Regards,

kreek001
JDommi Posted - 21 Sep 2014 : 20:08:36
Do you have changed something with Access 2007? Try to save the database as Access 2003 version.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07