BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Where is the Quick Edit View in XMM8?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cubi Posted - 08 Oct 2012 : 17:40:03
Not a bug I think. I just didnt know in which section i should post that - big sorry.

I updated today from XMM7 to XMM8 (8.0.1.0) and I managed it to update my movie database to version 8 without big problems. The only thing i donīt find:
How can I set the layout view of XMM8, that a quick edit area and cover view is on the whole right side (instead of the movie cards). This was a perfect setting in the previous version for me: Selecting the movie on the left side and instantly manage and/or see the informations on the right side.
Is this still possible?

I made a screenshot of my old setting to show you what I mean:

http://www.abload.de/img/xmm7_quickview-settinxmqx9.jpg

Thanks for the response,
Cubi2k

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 09 Dec 2012 : 07:39:28
Just delete the files inside the Layouts folder then install the Update, it will add the new files.

Ale
apd Posted - 08 Dec 2012 : 20:05:41
That did it; Thanks, again.
yan00s Posted - 08 Dec 2012 : 18:03:29
quote:
Originally posted by apd

Hey, sorry if I haven't been paying attention; how do I get to the Quick Edit window? I try View>>Show/Hide>>QE but nothing happens.

It seems that there's an issue with saved layouts and delta updates. I had to uninstall XMM8 and reinstall a current full version to get the QuickEdit view. I don't know which config file causes this so I took "the hard way".
apd Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 18:41:32
Hey, sorry if I haven't been paying attention; how do I get to the Quick Edit window? I try View>>Show/Hide>>QE but nothing happens.
Alessio Viti Posted - 04 Dec 2012 : 11:44:18
Not yet... I will take a look...
Cubi Posted - 04 Dec 2012 : 11:38:02
Is it possible to manage the shown fields by yourself? I remember it was possible in XMM <8. (or am I too stupid to get it? ;)

No stress, Just an idea. => Im actually just happy its back again ;) Great work.
Alessio Viti Posted - 04 Dec 2012 : 11:29:45
Yes, 2 release ago
Cubi Posted - 04 Dec 2012 : 11:25:12
Hey, Quick Edit View is back! (no idea which update iit was), but thanks Viti for integrating this again.
Cubi Posted - 28 Oct 2012 : 22:57:51
Still hoping... ;-)
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 23 Oct 2012 : 14:11:58
I have to say, that the Quick Edit window also is essential to me. If you import several movies at once (sometimes 60 movies or more), I have to say, that's a pain without the Quick Edit window.

The new edit window is fine, if you only have to edit 1 movie once in a while, but not for my use.

Another thing with the new Edit window: It should be configuable, so you could drag with the mouse, so the view in the different fields becomes larger. As it's now, you can only see 6 actors at a time
and only two short lines from the plot field on the Details tab and ditto with several other fields as well.

Alessio I do hope, that you reconsider this decision.

Edit: Wow - I've just discovered the new tool Fields Manager (Movies). This is an absolute fantastic and quick tool to use and you can move the fields as you wish so the fields you always edit is standing beside each other. This is much faster than Quick Edit ;O) Just remember to check the box Grid Editable. Why haven't you advertised this tool Alessio - have you forgotten, or....
qb-tom Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 16:00:46
I agree with "quick edit" request.
I mostly work with the quick edit window which allows to jump quickly into fields which I want to change.
to do the same thing in the grid I have to chose all columns which makes the grid way to long and easy editing of single fields impossible.

I also have the issue that the html-window (details) loads really slow and I do not need it (none has the field I would like to see) whileas I could edit/change the old quick edit window to my needs.

So bringing back the quick edit window (instead of details) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
zukkara Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 10:08:38
Quick Edit is very much needed!!!
I often use the files tab in the Quick Edit View, to check things. This now takes ages, as the moviecard does not remember it last opened tab/register an i have not only to wait for the moviecard to load, but to move to the Files tab as well. Quick Edit was so much faster!
Please bring it back!
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 18:42:23
Yes, its normal because, like actors, is just a text field that show data, nothing more. So if you change these 2 fields nothing will happen.
apd Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 18:30:43
Good, I hope you do reconsider; the new Edit window is good looking, but in terms of efficiency it's nothing like the old QE.

Editable grid is nice, but changes in the Director field don't register. Is that normal?
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 18:30:36
In Money?
Cubi Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 17:27:18
How much? :-)
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 11:42:36
Actually not, maybe I can change my mind
Cubi Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 11:35:47
Is there really no hope for the quick edit view? This was so great in XMM in my opinion.
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Oct 2012 : 11:12:18
No, no , the Multiple edit will come back...

You can right now change things directly in the grid. Right-Click and make the Grid Editable, this will allow you to edit movies.

Ale
apd Posted - 09 Oct 2012 : 21:11:53
Hi Ale,

I'm back from a very heavy working period and I just upgraded. I wanted to to write my impressions after taking a better look, but what I read here shocked me! Quick edit is absolutely essential! Please reconsider. The current solution takes more than 1 sec to load on my streamlined I5_16RAM_64bit_w7, which is totally unproductive if we want to edit a few films.

I also can't find the Edit Multiple option. Do you plan to reject that too? If so, XMM will end up like the rest of the crap out there. Wouldn't want that to happen...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07