BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 updating movies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zukkara Posted - 15 Oct 2012 : 23:23:28
I am updating my movies with XMM (IMDB fastest script). Very often the script engine asks me to select a link.
Looking at the movie there is almost always a IMDB link in the old custom 8 field and in the Weblink field.
Why does XMM not use those. I have to help it with every second film. It is a bit to much.
I thought having the imdb link would enable xmm to find the film even, when my spelling is wrong or i dindn't use the original titel. I think XMM7 did.
Often i only used capital letters at the beginning of a word, where imdb stores small letters. XMM8 should be able to select the
right link by itself.

By the way, does anyone know where on the film editing window i find the checkbox to mark a film as seen?

Thank you!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zukkara Posted - 17 Oct 2012 : 23:19:59
Hello Ale,
do you mean the "Script used" when you say Script field? And i don't find the checkbox "Already Imported" where is it. Do you mean "Imported from Internet"? It is checked with all my movies. They have all been imported from IMDB. And so it says in "Script used". That is why i don't understand, why xmm is deleting the direct link and then asks me to select a new one.

Apart from that, the update does not always fill in the imdb link in "details 2" for some of the movies. web link and direct link are set to the imdb link and have been before updating.

Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Oct 2012 : 13:39:18
In order to use the Directlink you should have also the Script Field populated and the checkbox "Already Imported". In this case if you do a re-update XMM will reimport the movie.

Ale
zukkara Posted - 17 Oct 2012 : 10:34:46
Thank you. That's what i have done now.
Did you suggest it only to sae time importing?

But there is another problem. I have movies in the database, which have a IMDB link stored in the "directlinks" field. Updating some of them, I can watch xmm in the grid view deleting the direkt link and asking me to select a link in the scriptengine window.
How can that be. Should the direct imdb link not be enough?
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 10:31:20
You can also import the Actor/Director directly from XMM 7... mine was just a suggestion, but in your case its better to take it from XMM 7.

Ale
zukkara Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 10:26:59
I have just one more question.
Importing my old xmm7 database there is the checkbox for importing actors and directors with the suggestion to better update them later.
I have some films where i manually put the actors and director in. I would like to keep them and not need to fill in the data again by hand.

could i also import with actors and directors, then delete all of them with the "fields manager" from the movies, which i can easily update and only keep the once i filled in by hand?
Or would that have any disadvantages?
JDommi Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 10:24:01
At least something that could be solved quickly
zukkara Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 09:55:27
Ok.
After reimporting the old xmm7 database, and moving the custom fields to the new fields it is working better now.
would have been nice to know, that it is essential to move the data.
Thank You. At least i don't have to update all my movies by hand now.
zukkara Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 09:40:57
Thank you JDommi.
Even when it does not recognize the old custom field it should do so with the weblink field, shouldn't? It is provided with most of the films xmm has troubles to update. I tought the weblink field would be where it takes the links from
I can't remember the option for the conversion, and what i have chosen.

For test purposes i will newly import the database and see what happens.
But if it is nessecary to move the data from the old custom fields into the new imdb fields, the it would be good to say so explicitly.

And i found the seen checkbox. thank you!

JDommi Posted - 15 Oct 2012 : 23:35:00
I think the link is not recognized as the old Custom8 is now another field and Ale has not checked both links. Only one of both links is passed to the script.
As the import normally uses the new IMDB fields I think this one will be checked. On conversion you can select if these fields are stored further as Custom fields or as new IMDB fields.

The Seen checkbox is on tab Personal top right "Seen Details". Or in the right click menu of the grid .

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07