BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 XMM doesnt remember the file directory

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Miyuri Posted - 11 Nov 2012 : 11:39:40
Hey,

i need to reimport all my movies because after renumbering they all mixed. If i use the fileimport XMM doesnt remember the directory and start every time in the main directory.

Greeting,
Miyuri.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 08:18:03
Thank you, I will try to do it.

Ale
yan00s Posted - 29 Dec 2012 : 03:32:57
I have noticed that XMM does not always update the last folder used for file browsing. For example, <FileAviSearchPath> will not change after working with Edit Window > Files > Edit File > Browse (it gets written back into config.ini on exit if I'm right).

To me it seems as if there's a good chance XMM will remember the last folder if it's "allowed" to read codec information as well. But I didn't import enough files the last days to see a definite pattern. I can confirm though that XMM does not remember the directory used for adding a tv episode via the edit window / add file dialog. Strange thing is that if I add a movie (and codec info gets read) XMM updates the last used directory.

-

It would be nice btw if XMM would remember file pathes by use scenario:

something like
... <CoverImageSearchPath> - Cover Image Directory
... <ActorImageSearchPath> - Actor Photo Directory
... <MovieFileSearchPath> - Movie Directory
... <EpisodeFileSearchPath> - Episode Directory

last used.
JustME Posted - 28 Dec 2012 : 19:04:08
Please, can you check if XMM is able to create and update the config.ini that is in the same folder of the EXE?

Thank you,

Ale
================================================================
As Ale stated, it could be a permission issue as the settings are saved in this ini file.
You said that it is on your NAS so I would imagine that is where the issue is as I don't have issues with mine....
Try to reinstall but accept the default install location to C:\Program Files as EMM can write to that. I use external drives for all my files and normally have my applciations installed to my SATA drives rather than my System drive as it is a SSD and not that big.
EMM is only 300 MB installed though, so try to install it to the default location and see if the problem still occurs. Alternatively you can verify the permission first on the NAS to see if you can fix it that way
Miyuri Posted - 28 Dec 2012 : 16:54:59
After UpDate to V8.0.3.8 the problem is alive. I have import 3 series and need to change the directory every episode i import. XMM stay in the first directory i chose. Restart doenst help.
Miyuri Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 18:09:52
XMM can update the config.ini. Now i have a new version after i disable the automatic update skript.
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 08:15:52
Please, can you check if XMM is able to create and update the config.ini that is in the same folder of the EXE?

Thank you,

Ale
Miyuri Posted - 13 Nov 2012 : 17:04:27
I use Win 7 64Bit and the install folder is on my nas.
Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Nov 2012 : 16:36:36
Seem that you have problems in saving XMM configuration.... I will wait your answer about OS and Install foder.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07