BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 status XMM 8

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saphir Posted - 30 Dec 2012 : 07:49:52
Hi,

aftere a view weeks without doing much with XMM I'm back to the program. I'm not up to date with XMM 8 so I'm wondering if XMM 8 is now usable or if it is still better to use XMM 7? I don't think XMM 8 is full program now but who knows What is the status of XMM 8?

regards
Saphir
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Trixster Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 06:32:13
Hi Saphir,
Thought I'd give importing from XMM7 to a new XMM8 DB. All went well even handled all my TV shows just fine. Still doing some looking around but as far as I can see it worked quit well. Gotta say I'm impressed. Still a few bugs in XMM 8 at the moment and a few differences to figure out but Ale and all his many clones are working over time to satisfy all of us. I believe he's headed in the right direction and with everyone help we'll get there soon.
Saphir Posted - 31 Dec 2012 : 14:18:06
Hi Trixster,

so you didn't import from version 7, that is for me most importend because I put a lot of work into the database of version 7. If the new 8 is working much better it's good to hear but I will still wait a bit before I really change to 8.
Trixster Posted - 31 Dec 2012 : 00:30:43
Hi everyone,
I'm Trixster, I seemed to have lots of problems with XMM 8 for a bit too. But,the latest version 8.0.39 seems to be working well. I just created a new database and let XMM 8 scan all the files and no problem. Just make sure all the options are set correctly and the tv show episodes are in the right format and it's all good. At least for me it did just what I told it to. I didn't bother to import from XMM 7.
Saphir Posted - 30 Dec 2012 : 17:26:49
Thanks mawu, that's what I thougt. I will use 7 further and 8 only for testing.
Mawu Posted - 30 Dec 2012 : 12:17:08
Hi,

usability is in the eye of the beholder. So you have to check the changelog for a decision. For me there is some kind of improvement (e.g. quickedit is back) but it's still not usable (see my other postings, e.g. xMM8 simply fails in importing all info from xMM7 correctly). xMM7 for me is by far the better program and I'm not sure if I can get familiar with xMM8 in the near future.

Just my 2 cents
Mawu

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07