BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 XML Export in XMM8

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Captain Yesterday Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 16:07:25
Hello,

i just upgraded from XMM7 and want to output my collection in the xml format to use it in mediaportal.

I cant find the entry "<MovieFile1>" or something similar. So mediaportal cant play any File.

I'm using the my films 6.0 plugin in mediaportal

is it possible to export this information too?

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 31 Jan 2014 : 02:21:48
Hi Alessio, thanks for the latest changes, but there is still problems with special characters in the Moviefile field (and all other fields for that matter), although it is now saved as UTF-8 by XMM and now I can't solve this by saving the XML file as another format.

Have you talked to Guzzi or Dadeo in the MyFilms team about the database changes from XMM7 to XMM8?
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 22 Jan 2014 : 20:04:26
The old field mapping in MyFilms is listed here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/My_Films/21_Supported_Catalogs/eXtreme_Movie_Manager_(XMM)

and the MyFilms field URL is the same as XMM 8 field InternetID and I think that this field in XMM 7 was named WebID, is this correct?

Therefore I can only once again say, that I would recommend, that you contact the MyFilms team to get all the database changes in XMM 8 and MyFilms sorted out.
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 Jan 2014 : 14:45:58
Thank you for reporting it.

What is the URL that gives problems? Have you see it? Because in the XML there isn't this URL field.

Ale
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 19 Jan 2014 : 02:05:40
Hi Alessio, I appreciate your efforts.

I've tried to run the XML export from XMM 8 and imported to MyFilms in MediaPortal, but something must have happened, because
before I could run the export without errors in the import module in MyFilms (Except for the missing information mentioned in my post from 15. Jan).

Now the MovieFile path information in the XML file is in unicode, I can see, but this gives error in the import in MyFilms, because the XML file from
XMM is in ANSI format and not UTF-8. When I save the XML file as UTF-8, these import errors is solved, but if the character "&" is in the Moviefile path,
then this gives errors in the MyFilms import. This is strange, because this didn't happen in the XML export in XMM 7 with the same movies.

When I fixed these errors in the XML file and ran the import again, the import in MyFilms throws another exception message saying: "The URL cannot be empty.
Parameter name: url".

I can't get any further because of this. Now since there has been database changes in both XMM and MyFilms since the original export/import was made,
I would still recommend, that you talk to Guzzi or Dadeo in the MyFilms team to get this issue fixed and up to date.

Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Jan 2014 : 14:15:38
Hello guys,

I have upload just now the new release. Please try it and let me know if works correctly now.

Thank you,

Ale
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 17 Jan 2014 : 01:33:15
#Sciolto

Just for your information. This isn't a new bug, the bug has existed since version 7 and has been reported several times since 2009 and actually the integration with MediaPortal MyFilms is one of the advertised selling points.
JDommi Posted - 16 Jan 2014 : 20:12:35
Better than "all in none out" .
And once again the question for a bug tracker...
Sciolto Posted - 16 Jan 2014 : 19:55:10
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Sorry for late reply!

I will check it now.

Ale

What about the bugs that have been reported before this new one ? I hope you are not using 'last in first out' principle.
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Jan 2014 : 14:25:39
Sorry for late reply!

I will check it now.

Ale
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 15 Jan 2014 : 15:37:43
Hello lazarus,

it's not only the filepath, that's missing.

Besides filepath (Source) there is also missing:

Director
Producer
URL
Audio Format
File sizes
Actors
+ all the new fields in latest MyFilms

and very important unicode support for all fields. I would recommend a total remapping of all fields.

Lazarus if you follow my description it takes max. 10 min. to get up and running, but that is of course with XMM 7 and here is a problem with latest
IMDB scripts not importing all information.

The best solution would be if Alessio got this to work with XMM 8 and talk with the the MyFilms developers.
lazarus Posted - 14 Jan 2014 : 23:39:28
Hello Alessio,

is it possible to get this feature back ?
Because that was the main reason to buy your software.
And now, after a good looking update, i can't watch any films in my mediacenter!
or can you explain why the filepath is not longer include?

many greets from germany
HaraldBluetooth Posted - 17 Jan 2013 : 14:14:49
For the time being, there is no export solution, that works correct in XMM 8.x, because

Grid Export: The formats xls, xlsx, and csv all have errors in the output and because of the new database design in XMM 8, the Access tabel Movies doesn't contain Actors.

Export Manager: The csv file have errors and doesn't contain Actors.

Export Collection to XML File: Isn't in the right format for MyFilms in MediaPortal and doesn't support unicode letters.

The only fully working method is as follows:

You have to use XMM version 7.2.3.6 (The XML export here works, but doesn't support unicode letters - all the special letters are blank)

Install lastest MyFilms plugin for MediaPortal and follow the wizard to make a new empty ANT Movie extended v4.1 Catalog to get all the new supported database fields in MyFilms.

Install newest ANT Movie Catalog from here http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/download and open the new created empty MyFilms database and use the Import module here to import
the data from Extreme Movie Manager (Which uses the Movies tabel from the XMM Access database) and assign the given XMM fields to the correct ANT database fields. When the movies are imported
and you have checked the data, you can save the database and open it in MyFilms.

When you next time have to update the MyFilms database, you open this with ANT Movie Catalog and delete all the records and make the import from XMM again.
(Make a backup of the MyFilms database before you do this).

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07