BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 How to grab data from blu-ray.com

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
beigecat Posted - 18 Jan 2013 : 21:50:39
I'm working on evaluating XMM 8 trial version. So far I like it. XXM is a nice comprehensive product, but I'm having some difficulty in retrieving some data. Before using XMM I just used a rudimentary Excel file to warehouse my media collection.

1-How do I grab some of the media(BD, DVD) specific data like video aspect ratio, audio format (DTS, DD, LPCM etc.), subtitle, etc. available on databases like www.blu-ray.com to propagate my XMM movie database?

2-Which XMM fields are this data stored in?

I used to enter this data manually into Excel table cells and would like to do this automatically. I would like to automatically retrieve this type of data, but can't figure out how to do it. I'm sure there are just some options I need to set up, but what & where?

So far, I've tried importing an Excel.csv file and mapped my media audio type data to the Custom 1 field, and the renamed the "Custom 1" field to "Audio". This is clunky and doesn't seem like the right way to do it. I'd prefer to not have to enter these types of data manually.

Help will be appreciated. Thank.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
beigecat Posted - 04 Feb 2013 : 17:37:20
Thanks, for your responses guys. I'll have to try these suggestions. I am new to XMM with version 8 being my entry level. Not sure that I would want to go back and start all over with XMM 7 since I've already imported a couple thousand BD's & DVD's.

I'll look into the suggested Magicscript modifications.
yan00s Posted - 01 Feb 2013 : 01:11:45
quote:
Originally posted by beigecat

So far, I've tried importing an Excel.csv file and mapped my media audio type data to the Custom 1 field, and the renamed the "Custom 1" field to "Audio". This is clunky and doesn't seem like the right way to do it. I'd prefer to not have to enter these types of data manually.

Things changed a bit with the introduction of XMM 8 and not all features from previous versions are implemented the same way as before or are still waiting to get coded by Alessio. That's why you cannot import certain data via csv yet.

If you need to do it just once there's a workaround you could try - you'd have to do this before you start adding further data to XMM 8:

- use XMM 7 to import your csv ... you can map audio fields to corresponding fields in the database there.
- Afterwards import the XMM 7 database into XMM 8 and your audio data should be moved into XMM 8's new database structure.

Registration would work for both versions and they can be installed side by side without problems.
nehickel Posted - 31 Jan 2013 : 22:39:48
XMM uses scripts that parse the Movie information from web sites the script are designed for. Blu-ray.com does have a script in XMM but it may not capture all the data your looking for. You can use MagicScript to edit that script and create your own custom script for XMM. For help on using MagicScript Editor go to Help and check the Wiki Document.

You might also find with MagicScript the person that created the Blu-ray.com script and either convince them to make changes to the script to capture your data or if you make a new script you can always submit it to be part of XMM for other to also use.

As for importing your data from Excel, I can't help you there. I have not needed that capability and I have not found any documentation that defines fields or formats for importing that information.

Thanks,
Norm

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07