BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 TV Show Import Issue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ESK Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 01:47:32
I posted this previously and did get one of my questions answered, but the primary issue remains (importing TV Shows) so wanted to highlight in a new post hoping someone out there has dealt with successfully managing TV shows.

Here's the issue: When I try to import tv shows using the read from device option, it identifies my tv shows; I then try importing (selecting) a few at a time to test. It appears to import but they don't show up anywhere in the database, tv shows section or even the movie section. I've also ran database searches with no success. The funny thing is when I go back to import more tv shows, the shows I finished importing (the ones that didn't seem to import) are not available to import again, so it appears that they're somewhere in the system. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or is this just a general bug. Have a hard time believing the TV Show portion of the program isn't working..

Any help on what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the forums and FB page for any related issues. I did find the thread below, and followed its instructions, but still cannot get it to work.

Thanks!
Erik

http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10543&SearchTerms=episode,import
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ESK Posted - 10 Apr 2013 : 04:31:30
Thanks for the input! I tried renaming the files and customizing it to the extract function but unfortunately same results..

Not sure if this helps, but this is what I see in the file manager (episodes):

Also, when I remove these from the database, I get one of these error messages each time it's removed:

yan00s Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 21:36:43
Oh well.

The options look good to me. This should work.

A few hints regarding file import / file names.

After the tv show scan you will get a grid window. Inside the grid you have access to a right-click menu which is quite crowded:

An essential function here is "Extract ..."

After selecting (and maybe tweaking) the > file name mask the respective file will get set to something like this:

A mask for this example: Boardwalk.Empire.S01E01.Boardwalk.Empire.HDTV.XviD Could look like:

<SERIE> S<SEASON> E<EPISODE> <TITLE>

Note: you will have to set some Title Cleaning options (next tab in options after the Device Scanner one) to remove dots / replace 'em with spaces and get rid of unwanted words - you don't want the HDTV.XviD part in the title. There are some words predefined already so this should be fairly easy.

But somehow it seems to me like this will not help to cure the problem you're experiencing...

BTW, personally I prefer to rename my shows / episodes prior to import with a different tool - Bulk Renamer. But there may be reasons not to do so.
ESK Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 06:03:39
Thanks yan00s, See below:

quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

settings for the file import mask you are using
these should be default. Sorry, I'm not sure what the "file import mask" is. Let me know where to find it and I'll post it. The other screenshot requested is below

maybe two examples of your episode file names:
Boardwalk.Empire.S01E01.Boardwalk.Empire.HDTV.XviD
Boardwalk.Empire.S01E02.The.Ivory.Tower.HDTV.XviD

Curb Your Enthusiasm - 1x00 - Larry David Special
Curb Your Enthusiasm - 1x01 - The Pants Tent

A screenshot of the device scanner options (tab shows active) might also help to pin down the problem.
should also be default.

Do you happen to have nfo files in your tv show folders?
I deleted all nfo files It's just the video file and maybe an image file

Thanks for the help!
yan00s Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 04:11:43
Hi Erik,

could you possibly post the settings for the file import mask you are using and maybe two examples of your episode file names? A screenshot of the device scanner options (tab shows active) might also help to pin down the problem.

Do you happen to have nfo files in your tv show folders? Those could cause trouble so "read nfo files" should currently get disabled in options.
ESK Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 02:38:27
Upon further research, I actually located the files I tried to import under the Files Manager (Episodes) but they are still not showing up in the TV Shows section or the Database at all. The fields could be messing something up. All the Episode Id column say "1" and the MD5 column is blank.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Erik
ESK Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 02:27:06
FYI - I also tried creating a new database and importing but with same results. Let me know if there's any additional info I can provide that might help.

ESK Posted - 06 Apr 2013 : 03:31:53
Hi Alessio,

I just installed the latest version and tried again with no success. I tried the first season the first attempt(these files seem to still be hidden somewhere as it will not find them in the import scan) and now the second season has gone through the same process, also missing.

Thanks for looking into this!
Erik
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Apr 2013 : 12:32:19
ESK have you try also the Latest release?

Because I have change something in the engine when you import a TV Show.

Thank you,

Ale
ESK Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 06:35:26
Thanks Norm, Unfortunately the shows don't show up in the TV Tree View or anywhere else I looked. Looked around for quite a while. There are no entries at all. No Unknown or anything. Pretty puzzled. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks Alessio!
nehickel Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 01:18:56
Here's a few thoughts, if it won't import again, I suspect its already in the DB but misfiled someplace. Here's a couple of questions. In the TV Shows Tree View, does the Series show up one or more times?? In Tree View, if the series is listed, and you double click into it, what is listed in the Episodes tab of the Add/Edit TV Show window? Also, look for a TV Show entry of 'Unknown'. I just noticed (after adding some new episodes to existing TV Show), that they ended up in an Unknown TV Show DB Record. Not sure if this is a bug or just my methodology.

Later,
Norm
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 14:05:55
Hello Erik,

I will try to make some tests today to see what's wrong with this function and let you know.

Thank you,

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.62 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07