BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Databse is Exclusively Locked

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mazen97 Posted - 01 Jan 2015 : 07:03:31
I am using eXtreme Movie Manager since 2011 with no issues and I moved it in the last year from the documents folder to dropbox so I can use it on my home computer and work laptop.

I updated the application two weeks ago and found that the new version locks the database so I can't use it in the other device which is unfortunately the work laptop. I can only use it in work laptop without any issue. On the home computer I get the message stating that the database is locked exclusively by a user using ldb file. I have a large database with more than 2157 records that I don't want to lose.

How can I remove the database lock so I can move the installation to my home computer and only use it on that device.

PS: I want to upload a snapshot to show the exact pop-up message but I don't know how to do it in the forum so if you can help me in that to give a clear description. (a picture can tell more that a 1000 words)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 05 Jan 2015 : 17:16:15
A left ldb file is normally a hint that the program the database file was last opened has crashed.
For me it always helped to simply restart windows and/or delete the ldb file. But I never have had the program or the database directly opened in my dropbox folder.
I have recognized that the dropbox client itself has made an update in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe there was a change that causes your problem.

Btw. for screenshots you have to upload the picture to any server like dropbox or mediafire. Then you only have to insert the link as picture in the forum.
mazen97 Posted - 05 Jan 2015 : 14:57:52
Any suggestions?

Please help :-)

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07