BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Keep Year From File Name In Title

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Barns Posted - 02 Jun 2015 : 09:44:57
Hi,

I name my films with the title and the year afterwards in brackets. However, when I import them into XMM the year disappears and I have to manually add it.

I have played around with the settings, including unticking "Remove Content from title in ()" but have found no way to make it retain the year in the title when added to XMM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 06 Jun 2015 : 21:27:43
I just have had a look to your problem.
Unfortunately in the thumbview there is no way to show additional info like the year.
And the tries to keep the year in title were unsuccessful as yours. This seem to be a bug as the brackets only have stayed...
JDommi Posted - 05 Jun 2015 : 10:40:34
If I have time at the weekend I will have a look at.
Do you think of the ThumbView where you need the year in title or for any HTML export?
Beside that in old release 7 there was a (custom?) field that contained a value for original/remake. I don't know if this still exists in XMM8.
Barns Posted - 05 Jun 2015 : 05:13:00
I already have tghe year in the grid view.

I like to have the year in brackets after the movie title so I can see what sort of era the film is from at a glance without having to change to grid view. There are also remakes of old movies made all the time and it's not always obvious which is which from the cover so having the year can help differentiate.

I've unticked "Extract Year From Title", although that seems counter-intuitive for what I want to do, so will see next time I import.

However, I don't understand why it removes the year in brackets when I have "Set Title Like Filename" ticked? Surely, that means the title will be exactly the same as the name of the file. i.e. with the year in brackets afterwards.

Import movie title also already unticked.

No problem. It doesn't take long in grid mode to retype the year in brackets at the end of the title.

Thanks.
JDommi Posted - 04 Jun 2015 : 11:01:13
As workaround - although I don't understand why you wanna have the year in the movie title. Simply add the year to the grid view.
In the advanced options for the scripts you can chose not to import the title.
For the device scanner import: disable the function extract year from title (or something like that).
Barns Posted - 04 Jun 2015 : 06:15:45
Unfortunately, that didn't make a difference either.

If anyone knows if it's possible then let me know but don't worry too much. It's not a major problem!
Barns Posted - 03 Jun 2015 : 01:55:59
There's a "Put Year In Folder Name" in the Media Center Dir Control settings on the General tab, which I don't think applies to this but is ticked anyway, and there are "Set Title Like Filename" and "Try to extract Year From File" options on the Additional Options tab of Device Scanner settings, both of which are ticked. However, the problem still persists.

Funnily enough though, when I import films and it's searching for them on IMDB (when you have to choose which IMDB entry you mean, before actually updating them) it comes up with, for example, 12 Angry Men (1957) (1957) at the top with the year from the folder/file name and the year added in brackets as well. However, when I go to the database the year in brackets is missing again.

I did, however, notice an option I hadn't seen before. If I right-click for additional options on the Device Scanner screen, there's an option to "Set Title Like The Folder Name" and, since my folders and files use the same Title (Year) format, I've ticked that so will check later when I import my next batch!

Thanks for trying to help JDommi.
JDommi Posted - 02 Jun 2015 : 12:53:37
Isn't there the option to include the year in the title? Maybe it's "only" a setting in the Advanced Script options...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.34 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07