BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 New here, some questions/feedback.(Closed)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
diegocr Posted - 23 May 2016 : 07:26:02
Hi there,

I'm new to XMM, and playing with the trial while considering the purchase i found some glitches and have some questions.

First i would like to know if it's possible to get a movie list by Actor, and clicking a certain Actor i would get a list of the movies from my collection where he appears?

For the mentioned glitches, take a look at this screenshot:

1. There seems to be problems parsing UTF-8? The name at the top of the list should be "Éric Besnard", and since it is incorrectly parsed i think it also has troubles retrieving the metadata, at least him is available in imdb.

2. The genres category/section seems wrongly processed. I think it should split them using the | characters (?)

3. There is another odd behavior, with empty folders/trees being created.

Are these known issues? I've also found other minor glitches, such as when resizing horizontally any of the panels, but i'm not sure if that might be isolated to my system... Win 8.1 x64 and .NET Framework 4.5.2

Thanks in advance from bringing some light on this :)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 23 May 2016 : 07:49:07
At first welcome to the forum!

Yes, it's possible to show all movies of an actor. At least you will see all movies in your database and when imported the whole filmography.

Now to the glitches.

1. Unfortunately there are really problems with UTF-8. But each (import-)script has a workaround by replacing those special chars. You just have to add misspellings and there replacement if they are missing.

2. Yes, the | character is the splitting. When you click on a movie you will see that it is replaced by a comma. Replacing it in the grid would slow down the whole program - depending on the amount of movies.

3. Empty items in the genre tree are simply for those movies without a genre or subgenre.

Resizing glitches? I don't have recognized any in that case. But as every program with such an amount of functions there are still a few minor bugs.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07